include your kids

@savypat (20248)
Have you thought about including your kids in voluntary work? This is a great way to spend more time with your kids, and give them a great foundation in giving. If you want to know how, goon line and ask about including your kids in giving. Blessing to you and yours and let us know your ideas on this subject.
@23uday (2998)
hi i appreciate your thoughts and would love to do it regarding my children.when i get married and have children,i will definitely teach them the social service and tach them to help the poor and needy.and it always good to serve the poor and needy and i also try to offer whatever i earn and i will donate my earnings to orphans. bye!!!!!!!!!!!
@rocketj1 (6957)
My husband and I volunteer our time in many ways at our church. I am the church librarian and my kids often help me shelving books. We have a very active AWANA (kids club) program at our church. When my son became to old to be in the program (he's 14 now) he volunteered to help run the games for the kids. We have the Angel Food program at our church and we all volunteer as a family for one saturday a month. I really want it to be second nature for my kids to want to serve others.
@savypat (20248)
Sounds like you've done a wonderful job of exposing your kids to these ideas, We are going to need more and more of these kinds of gifts.
@dhaksha80 (144)
I dont have a kid yet. But as you said i and my husband will talk about this in our leisure time. I think that this should start at home itself.Nowadays Parents do not allow thier children to do any work.They are thinking that they let thier children happy. But it is not.Kids to be adviced to do their own work themself. Like whenever they get up in the morning they need to roll their bed. these small small things to be done by them. We need to make them responsible from their chidhood.
@savypat (20248)
If you can do this it will save you a lot of headaches in the future. It's also good to have a plan in place before the kids arrive. Good thinking on your part.
I think this is a great idea and should really be encouraged. Kids can often help in small ways, perhaps around the neighbourhood. My husband and I tend to water next door's garden whilst doing our own. Such a small gesture can go a long way. Or helping an elderly person across the road, or getting on a bus. Such things used to be common-place, but not any more. What has happened to the spirit of giving within the community?
@rocketj1 (6957)
Thanks for the best response!!