do you have a great mother?

By IVEY
not everyone these days can say they have a great mother or even have one in there lives. if you have a great mother or a mother role model what makes then so great ? make it known....
@GADHISUNU (2164)
I can and will want to say I have a great Mother. In the Indian Society of up to yeateryears a woman was a symbol of sacrifice. My mother has sacrificed quite a lot of her comforts to make us what we are today. She gave us our value system. She gave up her own comfort of a conjugal life to educate us. Of course so long as we were under our mother's care we knew no hunger. Food and very tasty one at that was ready before we could even ask for it even if she was not keeping good health. If I am asked to give an example of anyone who can go on just on the strength of her resolve or what may e called mental strength it is my mother. I can never pay a complete tribute to my mother. It is rightly said in the Upanishads: the first statement of the Taittitiriya Upanihsad is [B] mAtR^i devo bhava [/B][ = Become one who regards Mother as a God: That then is the Vedic dictum] all the others come later. And the adage-[B] dustaram bhavati khalu mAtR^INam [/B]= It is indeed impossible to repay the debt to one's mother. Even as I am typing these lines I am sobbing uncontrollably!
@GADHISUNU (2164)
msivey! I thank you particularly as you have given me an opportunity to pay a small insignificant tribute to my mother. God Bless you!
I think my mother is wonderful. She raised me and my sister and brother on her own and worked. She was always there for us. She is my best friend. She had a wonderful mother as well. Sometimes I think they were sent from heaven.I can talk to my mom about anything. Anytime I needed help with anything she was there. Now its my turn to return the favor for all she has done for me.