When Will You Return to Work from Christmas Holiday?

@roberten (3131)
Do you get holiday pay while you are off? Has your time off been effected by the sagging economy. Are you just happy to be off? I am NOT off today, I'm at work as I type. I usually work most holidays but am glad to be working at all so I cannot complain. My daughter is off for two weeks but she had to take vacation time to get off which is still okay because she collects vacation pay during the entire two weeks (SWEET!). I'd love to hear how the holidays has effected your pay, please share.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi roberten, I’m working for two part time jobs for quite some time to earn for my income. I go to office two days a week for the respective job at different places. I have just finished my one year contract for both the jobs and enjoy my long term holidays until the mid of February the coming year. My husband is retired and he is quite happy with his monthly pension payment. My son works in another state and he enjoys his Christmas holiday until tomorrow. He never back to home for we had just back from the three days vacation together with him in his place last week. Well you are still working during the grand festive season. Anyway it’s nice to know that you could still enjoy doing your mylot posting in your office. posting and take care.
@roberten (3131)
Ikbooi, you have the most time off yet, that's wonderful! Too bad your son has such a short vacation; even so his is longer than mine. LOL I long for the day when I can be like your husband, retired and happy. Your family enjoys a wide veriety of time off and that is totally awesome. Enjoy each other and the upcoming New Year too.
@lkbooi (16101)
Yeah roberten, I’m happy and enjoy my long term holidays freely and relaxingly, for I don’t have to worry much about how to allocate the limited time for my job as well as to have fun on my favorite activities. My son takes his annual holidays of two weeks separately, for the holiday couldn’t be forwarded to the following year. I’m the only one in my family that doesn’t get pay during my holiday. I get pay for the months I work only. Hopefully your daughter enjoys fully her couple weeks of holiday. posting and 2009!
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi roberten, I would go back to back after the Chinese New Year. It would most probably be in the third week of February. So I will accompany my husband to spend our 5 days vacation on a local hill resort. Thanks for giving me the best response Happy posting and wish you all the best!
@peavey (16856)
I worked a little today and will work a little more tomorrow... trying to get some time to do other things, but since I work for myself, there are things that have to be done regardless.
@roberten (3131)
Welcome to my world, peavey; I'm at work right now but I am very thankful to be here because I still have a job. Hope your business is prosperous in this upcoming year.
@peavey (16856)
Thank you. Yes, it's good that we have work. It could be much worse.
Winter Break ends January 5. I'm soooo glad to have this time off! I got behind with all sorts of things while I was ill, so now I can catch up and not feel embarrassed to invite anyone into the house! I also love being able to roll over and go back to sleep if it's still dark when I wake up. Usually, I get up at 3:30 and I'm at work long before sunrise. We have no windows in the building, so many of us go outside at lunch to see whether the sun did, indeed, come up! It really feels like a holiday when I can stay up a little later and sleep in every morning!
@roberten (3131)
cobra, I can so relate! There is nothing in the world like rolling over instead of rolling out of bed. May you be blessed to enjoy every moment of your time off.
Somehow, I always thought I'd get used to how early I have to get up and rush to work, but it's been 41 years now, and I still hate it! Sorry you don't have the time off. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
@oyenkai (4398)
We were given 11 days off - from 24th and we're coming back on the 5th. We're on paid vacation, and we're loving it. We're a starting company and our bosses are trying to keep us happy, and they're doing a great job at it. Well we didn't get our Christmas bonuses, but we don't mind I guess, maybe someday when we've expanded then we'd have em :D
@roberten (3131)
oyenkai, sounds like you are working for a gem of a company who cares very much about it's employees. You are very fortunate to have been hired by such an honorable and charitible firm. Hang in there and make sure you give back with our personal best and you both should prosper. Good for you!