Does this scare anyone else?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Because it really does frighten me. About 2 trillion tons of ice have melted in Greenland, Antarctica, Alaska since 2003 Lost amount of water could fill up Chesapeake Bay 21 times, NASA scientist says. Most came from Greenland, where losses raised global sea levels .5 mm annually. Scientist says sea levels rising 50 percent faster than 15 years ago. NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment, or GRACE, mission uses two orbiting satellites to measure the "mass balance" of a glacier, or the net annual difference between ice accumulation and ice loss. http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/12/16/melting.ice/index.html
@snowcat46 (2323)
Oh yes. It seems like Day After Tomorrow is coming up pretty soon. But I don't think I believed that part about the ice age. I think we're all going to be looking at the tropics moving further north all the time. It almost seems as if we're either going to be living in a sweltering tropic, or on top of water. Neither really trips my trigger. But what do we do about it? That's the most frustrating part. The people who can, don't. The rest of us try and try, but it seems we're going nowhere.
Yes, it does. There are also reasons to be worried about loss of glaciers in mountains as some communities use the meltwater for their drinking water.
@lilybug (21148)
I think it should worry everyone. If it keeps up like this by the time our grandkids are grown the whole planet could be flooded.
Not really! After all, this is due to human activities, and nobody is about to stop those activities. The earth, after all, is alive and has to react in such a manner. If there is a disaster, humankind will simply blame God and the politicians for it. Cheers and happy Mylotting
@k1tten (2321)
I should be afraid of this, should probably blame this all on global warming and the defaults of the human race, but I can't help but think that this may actually be more natural than many think. Our planet has gone through warm and cool spells many many times before so it's not unnatural that this has been happening. But we may have helped it along more than normally so in truth we kind of deserve it.
@katrhina23 (1282)
this is really scary. it might be the result of global warming..