The violence doesn't even stop for Christmas

There were several murders and arson charges on Christmas in this big city I live in. A father was shot and left for dead, a young mother was shot and survived, another man was shot and died, two dogs were shot one died and the other had to have his leg amputated. A woman set her former apartment on fire cause she was evicted the week before. Another woman set her apartment on fire "accidently" cause she left a bread wrapper on the stove and turned the heat up cause she was being evicted and wanted to run up the electric bill. Another woman is sitting in jail cause she falsly claimed her baby had been kidnapped this was in Miami. She doesn't even have a baby she just wanted to get back with her ex boyfriend. Will it ever end?
• Trinidad And Tobago
Well if you listen to Iron Maiden's - BLOOD ON THE WORLDS HANDS, from the album - X- factor. I ask does,the world really seem powerless to act?
@Barb42 (4216)
The Christmas season used to be the happiest time of the year. But people have become so materialistic that they have lost sight of what the season is all about. They get so in debt that they can't find a way out. Or, they get really depressed because there is no money left after bills to buy what they would love to give their family for Christmas. It seems to be all about 'things' anymore. And the depression and fears drive people to do crazy things. They don't realize that living and loving are more important than what you can give in the way of material things. Something in our makeup or our lives have turned us to the way we are. As we've grown older, we realize we can't do everything we would like to do for others. So, we do what we can, while making the kids/grandkids understand that it isn't about giving, but more of being together, thankful we have each other and we are alive. The gifts are just a part of loving them and wanting to give them something. This year, I included in my first buying of gifts a Bible for two of my daughter's children. They had expressed the want of one back in the summer. Her 15 year old was using the old Bible I had given his Mom when she was young. I had given his two older siblings a Bible when they were younger. So, one of the first purchases was a Bible for each of them. And I was happy that they were pleased to get them. I've heard of so much violence this Christmas, it is unreal. The ex-patrolman that had lost his job and went through the streets shooting at random people he never knew, killing a young 21 year old and then a truck driver who was on his way to the airport in order to get home to his family for Christmas. His only fault was being on the highway with that maniac! We never know when our lives are going to end. There are so many people today who do not value life one bit!
@cryw0lf (1302)
What a sad sick world we live in aye? Christmas isn't even such a big event for most people, but to murder someone on the day is just plain wrong- Well to murder someone ANY DAY is just wrong. Christmas is a time for giving, not only to our love ones, but to strangers. Giving merely a smile in the street could make someones day- but now-adays if you smile at someone random, they assume you're giving them a funny look and stab you... lucky eh? These sad lonely people that clearly don't have families set out to ruin other peoples lives on Christmas...such a selfish act... what a world...
YA I heard in a news that when the people were enjoying Christmas on the road were suddenly attacked by a car came fast into the crowd. During investigation police arrested a 81 yr old person. The reason for the accident was the person lost his control during driving. Some 15-20 people got affected..... Happy Mylotting
@fasttalker (2797)
I know it's terrible. I live in a realtively small community and the Monday before Christmas we had a triple homicide! Unheard of in these parts of the country. Well was unheard of until now. Two people just walked in this families house and started shooting! I'm sure there is more to the story than I know but the sad part is this all happened in front of a 6 year old boy. His grandma, grandpa and sister (actullay his aunt but he called her sissy) was all shot right in front of him. The woman then went and got an attorney and went to the police department and turned herself in! The man is still on the run. It's crazy. And the being a tight knit community everyone knows everyone so these were all (the deceased and the killers) very well known people to all of us. This world is going to hell in a handbasket!
@GreenMoo (11842)
The news that there was so much violence over Christmas does not surprise me. Unfortunately, Christmas seems to bring out the worst in some people and it intensifies any feelings of alienation or loneliness that people already have. In most of us that just leads to a few tears or perhaps a family row, but when someone's already unstable it can escalate into far worse situations. I'm puzzled by the thinking of the woman who claimed her baby had been kidnapped. Presumably if she was trying to get back with her ex, he'd know her well enough to know whether she had a baby or not! Who knows what goes through other people's minds?!
LOL! Do you serious believe that one festival namely Christmas has the power to transform nature? If it did, with 2000 years of Christianity now, this earth should have been transformed into paradise. Cheers and happy Mylotting
That because for some people out there, they don't care what they are doing, who people is affected and how affected. It's all for their own personal interest, no matter how it ruined people lives. Whether it has an occasion or not. Whether it is just an ordinary day. Violence is everywhere....It's just really sad cause we are supposedly to protect one another and help one another and yet we are seeing people committing crimes.:(
Some people are just sick!!! It's sad to think just how sick some people are. Absolutely unbelieveable! The two that did bad things to their apartments to get even with being evicted? I can't begin to imagine how they would have felt being evicted, and I understand their anger, but i still don't agree with their actions.