helium: how to write a new article?

hi, i just joined helium and want to write some articles. In the website it is said that if i want to write i should search if the topic i want to write is already there and click write below that article. But what if the topic of my article is not there already. How can i write my own topic without adding to already written articles? Is that some privilege i get after i submit some articles? please advise...
Writing for Helium is hard with all their rules, GO to Ehow.com you can write how to articles on anything you want, and the pay is better and residual
does ehow pay for international users?
Payments are made monthly through PayPal
@paid2write (5202)
You can suggest a title at Helium, and then write to it when it has been approved. There is a link in the side panel on the My Helium page. It is better to write to titles that already have other articles, as an article does not get rated, and does not count towards your writing stars, if there are fewer than three articles to that title. Helium is a competitive site, you need to earn writing stars and rating stars to get upfront payments and daily revenue. If you want your articles to stand alone you should submit to a site like Triond.
@joystick7 (730)
I tried helium but did not like the site at all...I have one good writing site updated on my blog on my profile.. You can earn better too and it is easy to pulish over there too..