Which day do you like better on the weekend: saturday or sunday?

@cyberfluf (5005)
Netherlands
Do you have to work on either of these days, and perhaps like the other day better because you have time with your family? Or do you like saturday because you can go shopping then, rather then on a sunday? I think there are a million different reasons why you would like one day better over the other, and I think it would be interesting to see everyones pick. I like saturdays because it gives me time for shopping and doing things considering groceries, contacting companies, etc. that will be all closed on sundays. But sundays I like better because it's a time of relaxation. It's a though call. How about you?
@lazeebee (5468)
I prefer Saturdays, as I wake up later, and also go to sleep later at night, knowing that I can wake up at anytime the next day, which is Sunday. Moreover, I often feel rather depressed on Sunday evenings, thinking about Mondays - waking early and working!
better sundy you have so many choices to do and to go, you can go to churches even morning or evening
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you Lazeebee for your response, I agree that being able to sleep in and go to bed later at night are big advantages on the saturday over a sunday. I love to take a long, hot bath on saturdays and then jump right into bed afterwards and watch a nice movie... makes me want to have weekend again, but it's just monday! lol..
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you eclaveaolan for your response to my discussion. First off I would like to welcome you to mylot and thank you for making one of your very first responses to one of my discussions. I hope you have a lot of fun here at mylot!
@balasri (26554)
I always like my Saturdays because the next day too is a holiday.The thought of the manic Monday tends to spoil the Sunday evenings.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Manic monday... I love the expression and I love the song . Thank you so much for sharing your view!
@balasri (26554)
Thanks.It is always one of my favorite song as I identify with it like many others.
@ellie333 (21029)
hi cyberfluf, If I had to choose a day I would say Sunday but to be quite honest I really do not like the weekend as because I am a single parent everyone seems to be part of a couple and although a very strong person I miss not having someone for me if that makes sense so weekdays are less painful. Huggles. Ellie :D
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
I can see why that must be hard for you at times *hugs*. God forbid, I tend to get cranky when my boyfriend goes out to some party that I don't want to go to and I sit at home for one weekend, let alone multiple ones. In the time I got to know you I have experienced you as a very strong woman, yet we all get lonely from time to time. I find it interesting that there are allready a few responses from people who don't like the weekend, I would've thought the majority of people do. Even though all the replies make perfectly good sence to me, I never thought it over that way. I am glad I posted this as I am learning a lot about everyones different view of life considering certain times of the week. Thanks and good night, Ellie!
@kellys3ps (3728)
I like Sundays better because they are more laid back.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Very true for most people indeed, my sundays are also a lot less tense and more laid back than my saturdays. It's the only day I use to sleep for a bit longer and do things at an easier pace. Thanks for sharing!
@eseomame (1146)
I prefer saturdays. Sundays, I usually feel lonely and depressed towards afternoon and evenings, especially if i'm away from home or if there are very few people at home. I usually look forward to monday and am usually relieved when it finally comes.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Not many people enjoy being lonely, you and I seem to be no acception on that matter. If you tend to feel lonely and depressed during weekends I could see why you would go for the saturday as sunday must seem like such a long, long day before monday finally comes. Thanks for adding to the discussion!
@James72 (26829)
Here in Egypt, the Friday and Saturday os the weekend so it's a little different to what I am used to! But if we were to assume I was back home with the standard weekend days, it is Sunday that I prefer. Saturday was always a little hectic and involved grocery shopping and things like that. It is also the forst day after the working week ends so I have not quite wound down yet. By the time Sunday comes, I am well out of work mode and tend to be more relaxed. Happy 2009 cyberfluf!
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
That's something new for me to have learned about Egypt. I had no idea the weekends were on different days over there. Thanks you for your response, James, and a very happy and healthy 2009 I wish for you too .
@James72 (26829)
I have been here for over a year now and I STILL can't get used to it being this way! In Saudi Arabia, their weekend is actually Thursday/Friday, so at least I get to keep one of my known weekend days by being here instead of there! lol.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Aw, you poor thing! How much longer will you be there? You are their for work, right?
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I prefer Saturdays, as I find that they are happier days than Sundays. I find that they seem happier and brighter.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you for adding to the discussion . I love your avatar, the nightmare before christmas has allways been one of my favourite movies.
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. Nightmare Before Christmas has always been an all-time favorite for me as well. Which is why I have it as my avatar.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Have you seen corpse bride aswell? I think it has the same kind of Tim Burton magic and a very nice plot . Even though the nightmare before christmas is still my favourite. Thanks for responding back!
@jenrl17 (420)
I like Saturdays better for the idea that that day always seemed like the 'fun' day of the weekend. It may be a busy one with doing chores, shopping, etc, but I like my Saturday nights (and Friday nights too). I also like Sunday cause to me its a day you relax if you can, watch a football game or 2 or baseball, a day to lounge around and maybe go to church to get renewed for the week lol, so to me, Saturdays the fun day and Sundays the relaxation day.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
That's a wonderfull way to put it jenrl17 . I agree that saturdays are fun days even though they tend to get so crowded, and sunday seems to be a relaxation day for pretty much everyone who has answered to my discussion so far. So guess what we'll be doing next weekend . Thank you for adding to the discussion!
@jenrl17 (420)
Youre welcome. Thank you for the post.
I love sunday because i can be with my family. Im still at work during saturdays. We go to mass together every sunday. and we cook something special for lunch.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
It's good to hear that you will have one day a week that you can use to spend quality time with your family. And if you work on a saturday, then most likely that day will become sunday when pretty much everyone has a day off unless they have a homebased company, are a nurse or doctor, or some other profession I have left out that has sunday shifts (I guess there are quite a few). Have a great sunday tomorrow!
@MisterPlus (1917)
I love the weekend. I like saturday more for I don't need to worry about the work to do the next day. If I have the money I will find time to go out with friends and a saturday night out. Sunday is a rest day and family day for us and we get together for good foods. The week days are fun in work and tiring too.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
It's good to hear that you love your weekdays aswell, allthough they indeed can be tiring. I was just checking my mylot responses before heading of to work after having a short holiday from work for 3 days and I have to say that getting up at 6.15 am was a bit of a challenge, lol! But once I'm at work I'm sure to enjoy it. Thanks for responding and have a great weekend!
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
I prefer Saturday by far. sometimes on Sunday I have to prepare work for the next morning. I don't like the idea of going back go work on Monday as I do wake up with Monday blues. I like Saturdays because we usually go our a coffee in the evening and we can stayou out a bit late. (c) ronaldinu 2009 - the more people I meet-the more I love my dog
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Staying out a bit later with friends, your spouse or family can be a nice change from a busy week, I have to agree on that one. If you have to prepare work on sundays than your sunday is hardly a free day at all, and I would have to agree that saturdays are better.
I like Saturday better because that would be meaning I still have Sunday for fun. Uusually I am more active on Saturdays, I go out with friends and have drinks at night, so that's really better. For Sundays I usually don't do anything, just more like a rest day, which is not fun.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you for your very descriptive response on your opinion. I agree saturdays are more active with fun things, and you still have the sunday to come; so even if you like sunday a lot too you know that it is still just one day ahead . Happy new year!
@dpk262006 (56170)
Saturdays and Sundays both are off days for me and I can complete my tasks on either of the two weekly holidays. However, I prefer to dispose of my pending work on Saturdays, so that I could enjoy and relax on Sundays. I wish there should be a day in a week, when you do not any work to do and you can enjoy yourself by listening to music or just sleeping without any tensions in mind.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
I can totally relate to the sleeping without any tensions in your mind, this is very important for me to. When I am able to do so once in a week I feel so much more rested and secure to face the rest of the week. It really helps you clear your head and relax.
@Seppy1984 (2148)
For me Saturday's are the day I look forward to on the weekend. Only because I am a stay home mom/wife. So I am always home with the children and so I hardly ever get out of the house. I am always a wife and a mom. So when Saturday's come around that is when I get to be my self and not have to be mom or wife. My hubby stays with our children for about 5 hours every Saturday while I go and play pool and be myself and have fun with the girls. But Sunday's are great too though because with my hubby having the weekend off, we use Sundays to be a family and that is the day we all spend time together and visit our friends. It's nice to have a special routine for each day on the weekend. The months that I don't play pool we as a family likes to go to the park and have a picnic. Happy Mylotting
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
That sounds great, Seppy. I am happy to hear that you and your hubby have been able to work out a routine so that you get to have some quality time by yourself aswell. Being a fulltime stay-at-home mom can take a lot out of you, unlike a fulltime employement you never get off the job! You are at work 24/7 and on call whenever something comes up with your kids. Off course you do get a lot of love in return, but it's still something that should not be underestimated. Thank you for your response!
• Taiwan
i love going out wiht my family on sundays. because i love seeing a lot of people with their families too in every corner of the places. and theres a lot of free shows to watch during sundays too. so , i did all my chores on saturdays so i could be free the next day.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
That sounds like a great way to go around it; making sure everything is done that has to be done so that your sunday is completely free. Over here we have little possibilities on sundays. I wish we could watch shows on sundays, but we haven't got that much shows on sundays really (if any at all, let alone free ones!). If we had that over here I might reconsider and make sunday my favourite weekendday . Thank you for adding to the discussion!
@kenzie45230 (3560)
I love Sundays the best. I love attending worship service in the mornings with my hubby and my women's small group on Sunday evenings. Praising God and studying God's word with friends is awesome!
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Thank you Kenzie for a well written and descriptive response. It's allways good to hear when people are excited about something and can give their whole to it. It sounds like you have a loving and supporting group of women to share your praising and studying with, and sharing makes a lot of experiences even more precious and enjoyable. Thanks for responding!