While the "peeps" are away......... does your dog play?

@rocketj1 (6960)
We recently boarded our dog Rocky over the holidays. I generally board him at a local vet. But I found out that they were booked up for the larger dogs (they have limited space for dogs his size). So I called a kennel that I have used in the past and she was booked months ago for Christmas. I was really at a loss for what to do! I really don't know any other kennels in the area so I asked the lady if she knew of any others. ....... In the typical "My-place-is-the-best-and-no-one-else-could-compare attitude" she suggested another kennel in town. "I'm not sure he'll do well there. Do you think he could use a doggie door?" Well... we were desperate! So that's were he went, of course. While we were out of town, I got to worrying about it. The place looked fine, but this woman's snide remarks made me wonder if he would be ok. He WAS , of course! But........................do you ever wonder what your pet is doing without you?... While he's boarded? ...While he's home?... Have you ever set up a camera to "spy" on him?... Do you wonder if your cat throws "cat parties" while you're gone? ...Are they trouble-makers while you're out?
@hildas (3031)
I would love to have a spy camera to see what our pets really get up to when we are out or when we are away from home. I bet they do everything they are not supposed to do. I saw a clip once on television of a dog that went down all the cupboards and helped himself to food. He was so careful not to leave any traces of his doings either. My cat used to get up to all sorts and once I thought we where burgled as the Christmas tree was lying in my hall in bits. Animals really are very funny. I think kennels should all give out free DvDs of our pets when we are away to show what they have have been doing and how well they have been cared for.
@rocketj1 (6960)
That is an awesome idea! I have heard that daycares (for kids, of course hehe) use those. Why not kennels? You could have a million dollar idea there!
@hildas (3031)
@rocketj1 (6960)
Right back atcha!
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Hell....my cats throw cat parties while I'm home. I can ONLY imagine what they do while I'm away!!! My bad boy climbs my blinds so he can tease the dogs outside. I came home one day & my curtains were on the floor!!! I could tell which one did it by the guilty look on his face. I adopted both of them when they were about 8 weeks old. Now they are about 9 months old. They have both been fixed, but they just love to wrestle & tumble every morning so they can wake up properly!!!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Cats are hilarious!! We just have one and she's rather shy but I know what you mean about the tormenting the dogs thing!
@LadyMarissa (12161)
My 2 boys don't have a shy bone in their body!!! However, they do seem to have several mischievous bones!!!
@fairydew (180)
I really would like to know what my cats do when I am away.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Oh, to be a fly on the wall!!
My dog has a pretty good time! I have caught him on the furniture he shouldn't be on several times. Almost daily when I come home he has every toy he owns scattered from one end of the house to the other. I have to say it appears he enjoys being in charge of the house.
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello! Usually, my dog is never alone. My mother does not like to leave home without any human being in there, because our dog just starts shaking in fear when he realizes that he is going to be alone. But then, when we all are gone, I guess he just sleeps. That's what he could do, since I doubt he would play alone. If the trash can is outside, he will just knock it down, too. I think that he must be a really lonely dog when he is alone. He must probably hide himself in his bed and sleep. Respectfully, Munhozmib.
My three chihuahuas do not throw parties (that I am aware of) they definitely watch YouTube. There are many videos telling them to "rise up" against being used as fashion accessories or dressed in ridiculous outfits or being ridiculed because of their size which destroy their dignity. I can tell right away they have been watching YouTube when they get "attitudes".
@savak03 (6681)
One time this beautiful white cat took up residence at a resale store that I owned. He wanted to be left inside but I would put him out when I locked up for the night. One night I knew it was going to be below freezing so I took pity on him and got a litter box and set it up in the back room. I put him down a bowl of food and water and locked up and went home. At some point in the night the cat decided he wanted to go out. He apparently couldn't tell the difference between a picture window and a hole in a wall. He climbed up in the display and knocked several glass items off the shelf. Yep, it was the last time I let him spend the night inside.
@walijo2008 (4647)
I know sometimes its hard to trust places like that, especially if you've never used them before. Luckily we have a good friend that while we are away he always goes and takes care of our dogs, makes sure they're alright and feeds and waters them for us. I've never used one of those kennel places before. I don't know what our dogs do when we're gone, probably not much.