Family visiting during the holidays

My sister who lives in NC, came and stayed with us for a week. I have not spent Christmas with her in 4 years. It was nice to spend the holiday with her. She went home yesterday, and we miss her already. Is your family not close to you, geographically? How often do you get to see, and spend time with them?
@shiloh_222 (5480)
hi there. i am currently visiting relatives and i took 1 hour boat ride to do so. happy holidays
Thank you for sharing.
you are welcome.. happy new year!
yeah i love spending itme w/ my family its just awesome n my mom is out of the state now n i miss her happy lottin and have a nice day
I bet you do.
@mariposaman (2967)
My brother and sister both live about an hour or so drive away from me, both in opposite directions. I cannot drive long distance so they visit me every once in awhile. We are not that super close. My sister took me out for supper two days ago as she spent the christmas holidays with her grandchildren and my brother spent the christmas with is wife's parents. My mother passed away last January so this is the first Christmas without her so I spent a quiet Christmas alone this year. I was not that bad as I did a few things around the house and watched a lot of TV.
I am sorry you could not spend the Holiday with your loved ones, maybe next year.
That is nice you got to spend time with your sister dureing the holidays after you not being able to see her in four years. My family is so scattered that it's hard for any of them to make it here. It would be nice if they could the last one I saw was my sister in New York in Aug. that was it. Yes it can be rather hard to see ones that you haven't seen in so long then have them leave. Always keep contact with the ones close to you. Glad to hear you had a good time. Hope you have a Happy NewYear!
We have family in NY as well, that we have not gotten to see in sometime. It is hard when everyone lives apart.