can anyone give some tips for strong nails

Singapore
Hey all,I like to have strong lengthy shiny nails. But my nails are not so strong,after it grows to certain level(very samll only) there has been a cut on the edge of the nails.It was uneasy to be combing hair with that cut nails. So i will cut the nail completely. I am jelaous of girls having beutiful nails in their slender fingers with colorful nailpolishes.(current trend- more of art work in the nails. I also want that kind of nails.can anyone give me some tips to have strong and beautiful nails.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Take a multivitamin. If after a month your nails don't' look better, you may want to go to the Dr and have your thyroid checked.
@CRSunrise (2964)
I know there's something you can buy in the stores that suppose to help strengthen your nails. I don't know what it's called though. All I can say is look in the HBC aisle. Although, if you don't want that hassle, you could always go to one of those nail salons and get fake nails. lol