Would you rather be stinky or sticky ?? antiperspirant or deoderant ??

@Sissygrl (10915)
Do you find that antiperspirant feels sticky after applying it ? Do you use it ? have you ever tried it ? Do you like Deoderant better ? I use deoderant cause i hate the sticky feeling. and i always use the same brand. lady speed stick, but i buy different kinds. right now i think i have the apple kind and the cherry kind. mm cherry armpits. LOVE IT! How about you ?
@barehugs (8986)
Skin looks and feels impervious, but it will soak up and absorb, just as quickly as it sweats.I am very particular what I put on my skin, because, what I put on my skin will be assimilated into my body. Would you ingest your deodorant? I would not, because if its something I wouldn't eat, its something I'm not rubbing on my skin.
@barehugs (8986)
Only God knows what's in your Deodorant, and She isn't Talking!
@Sissygrl (10915)
Thats a fair answer and your right, i wouldnt eat it.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Reminds me of my 2 yo grand daughter just prior to potty training. She pooped in her diaper and it smelled! So I asked her, "do you need dry pants?" She thinks nad then says "no". I let it go as in trying to potty train her I am trying to get her to understand what she does and why she needs to use the potty. Few minutes later I asked her again "Do you need dry pants?" She thinks and says "no". I know she does and I am laughing as she is playing with her cousin that she loves more than anything and I know she was just not wanting to leave her play time with her favorite cousin. But it was starting to stink, so I said "I think you need dry pants cause you stink... do you want dry pants or do you want to stink?" She looks at me, thinking and then says "stink!". So I guess it is just in what you want - stinky or sticky!!! LOL!!!
@di1159 (1580)
Neither! But if I have to choose, tis better to stick than stink. Cherry armpits sounds deliciously aromatic so I will look for that flavor next time!
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't think I've ever used any here I don't perspire a lot unless if it's hot but there are not many hot days here even in summer LOL I came from tropical country and over there yes I use deodorant sometimes we have something like gel skin exfoliator that you use at the shower only it's thicker than gel and has the fragrance of local herbs when I use this, the fragrance will stay all day and I don't need deodorant even if I'm perspiring but of course I don't use exfoliator every day so those days I will be using deodorant
@carmelanirel (20979)
I don't use antiperspirants because they contain alum, which is suspect of causing Alzheimer's among other health risks one of which is if you don't sweat out toxins, they will go somewhere else and might even cause serious health problems..Sweating is not something to be scared of, of course of it is excessive, then you may want to find an alternative, but to stop it completely isn't healthy..
Same here, if I am not sticky and not doing anything, I don't use anything..But if I am going to be active or going out, then I do..That is good you caught on that your baby was reacting to your deodorant, some things people use they think is normal, is actually not as good for them as they think..
@Sissygrl (10915)
I agree with you there. . but for some reason i can't think of a good example!! ..
deodorant !! n i woudnt take stinky OR sticky they are all ewwwy but over here.. were stuck with stinky sweat :| happy lotting and have a happy new year
@Sissygrl (10915)
What do you mean ? Where is over there ? :P I have noticed that some cultures do not use deoderant or anything. . we are pretty multicultural here in canada its a wonderful place to live ;)
i mean in Saudi Arabia.. its really freakin hot most of the time
@Gesusdid (1683)
i really do agree , i dont like the sticky feeling of deorderant like for me i put it on , and afterwards i rub my underarm and its a hard rubbing feeling like if i rubbed any harder ill get a rash lol , thats why i use the deorderant spray its beter for me.
@Sissygrl (10915)
i tried teh spray once. and then i packed it in my back and it sprayed all voer everything!!
@baileycows (3669)
I use an all natural mineral stick that works really well. They are cheap and they last forever. It leaves you neither stinky nor sticky.
@Sissygrl (10915)
That sounds like a really good alternative. where do you buy them ?
@jillhill (37384)
sticky....deoderant just doesn't work for me....and I really don't like to be stinky!
@royal52gens (5380)
I also use Lady Speed Stick. I like it a lot. I agree it is not sticky feeling. By the way, I use the one that is both a deodorant and antiperspirant. It has a powder base to it. That is why it is not sticky.