What is the most disliked job you have ever held?

@hdjohnson (2981)
Honestly, I really can't think of any jobs that I really disliked, most of the ones I would probably name here, would be only because of the management or manager for those companies and not the job themselves. I think that the famous phase that employers train their managers with these days is actually true, you know the one that says "employees don't quit jobs, they quit the managers over their jobs!" In my case, I definitely agree with that. The primary job that I simply disliked though is when I used to work for Popeyes Chicken. Talk about work, man that was a lot of work just for minimum wage. That is the primary reason though, it was because I didn't think I was getting paid enough to stay, and sure enough I found something else, paying better and with better hours and benefits. What about you? What is your experience(s)? Do you agree with the statement that "employees don't quit jobs, they quit the managers over their jobs!" Thanks in advance for your response, please don't get offended if I don't around to replying to your response. Thanks in advance though!
@sudalunts (5526)
Do you agree with the statement that "employees don't quit jobs, they quit the managers over their jobs!" Same words, my Human Resources Manager said to me, when I left a job, which I really liked, and grabbed a job, that laid me off after one year. I was a Payroll Administrator for a Hospice company. I liked my job, but my Financial Manager was a real je*k. He made me not want to come to work sometimes, when I decided to leave, he offered me the world to stay, but at that point I was already fed up with his antics. I took the other job that was offered to me, and was laid off after a year. Do I wish I had stayed at the other job, yes I do , but hind sight is twenty twenty. It is what it is. I think most people quit their managers over their job, I know I did.
@hdjohnson (2981)
Well maybe you can go re-apply at that job. Maybe that person is no longer there to give you the heebeegeebees anymore. I remember wanting to quit my present employer on several occasions all because of poor newly "fresh" managers that came to be in leadership over me. I did my job to the best of my ability and to wherever new "rules" or regulations that their personality called for. I even prepared my resume and posted it up on the web, and everything. But when it all came down to it, I believe God was teaching me to stay humble and to continue to work as unto him verses working unto another person. What really opened my eyes, is the manager that I had before the one I do now, was demoted. This person caused several people to resign all literally within a week of each other and whenever employees decided to leave; our company does what they call an exit interview. This way, if there are problems that the HR department needs to learn about, then they can learn of them and deal with them appropriately. Well there were an pretty high set of managers a husband and wife team that decided to leave, and they let it all hang out during their exit interview. Well that raised some serious eyebrows on the executive management teams side especially when several other key employees decided to leave shortly after or just before them as well. Even this person's AA decided to leave and then the general manager that the person had promoted in the department to be like the second person in charge in the event that head person was out. Well the CEO of our company called a meeting with our department and explained that that person would no longer be the manager over us, but would be an employee still and that we would have a new manager. The new manager was a truly a Godsend and more reasonable person to deal with. After witnessing that though my jaw just dropped tremendously. Don't get me wrong I enjoy what I do now, but now it hasn't become very tedious and it really isn't challenging anymore. I of course would definitely have to get the peace of God in my heart before leaving this employer as I've been with them for 9 years going on ten in October of 2009. Pray about it, and ask God to open doors that no one else can open. That previous employer of yours just may be the answer to your situation you face now.
@lazeebee (5468)
Yup, I agree with you. Most people quit more because of their managers rather than the job. No matter how high-paying the salary or good the career opportunities, as long as you are unhappy with your manager, life at work is going to be miserable. The job I disliked the most had nothing much to do with managers - it was one that I had during a college break - a house-to-house sales job. It was a terrible experience, and I hated it. Though I am now involved in corporate sales & marketing, it is not as difficult or tiring as compared to selling to individuals. I really admire people who are involved in personal sales (like insurance, direct marketing).
@hdjohnson (2981)
Funny, I really don't like sales people, at least I am very weary when I speak to them, as they are always attempting to get me to buy something from them. I remember wanting to quit my present employer on several occasions all because of poor newly "fresh" managers that came to be in leadership over me. I did my job to the best of my ability and to wherever new "rules" or regulations that their personality called for. What really opened my eyes, is the manager that I had before the one I do now, was demoted. This person caused several people to resign all literally within a week of each other and whenever employees decided to leave; our company does what they call an exit interview. This way, if there are problems that the HR department needs to learn about, then they can learn of them and deal with them appropriately. Well there were an pretty high set of managers a husband and wife team that decided to leave, and they let it all hang out during their exit interview. Well that raised some serious eyebrows on the executive management teams side especially when several other key employees decided to leave shortly after or just before them as well. Even this person's AA decided to leave and then the general manager that the person had promoted in the department to be like the second person in charge in the event that head person was out. Well the CEO of our company called a meeting with our department and explained that that person would no longer be the manager over us, but would be an employee still and that we would have a new manager. The new manager was a truly a Godsend and more reasonable person to deal with. After witnessing that though my jaw just dropped tremendously. Don't get me wrong I enjoy what I do now, but now it hasn't become very tedious and it really isn't challenging anymore. I of course would definitely have to get the peace of God in my heart before leaving this employer as I've been with them for 9 years going on ten in October of 2009.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Most of the time I haven't disliked my jobs. But I have had one that I wouldn't want to do again. I cleaned office buildings part time. Including the restrooms. And all I can say is EEWWW! gross. Makes a person wonder what people do at home!
@hdjohnson (2981)
LoL!! Believe me I know exactly what you mean. I used to have to clean the restrooms at fast food restaurants before. Talk about funky. Boy, made you think twice about eating the food on some days.
@barehugs (8986)
When I was a kid it was my job to clean the pig-pen in my bare feet. The pig manure was cool as it squeezed up between my toes. Now don't get me wrong, because I kinda liked the job. Even if the flies were so thick you dare not open your mouth for fear of getting a mouthful, and the smell, so strong it was thick, (but I soon found it kind of sweet. The pigs and I got along well, as I scraped the floor clean and threw it all out in the pig-yard.
@hdjohnson (2981)
That job description sounds very smelly, dirty, but yet interesting. I don't think I could do it though, unless it was the only way I could support my family. Excuse my expression, but God forbid that to ever happen.
i enjoy my job......never disliked it ever