If you were to suffer from amnesia, what is the first thing

@sudalunts (5526)
you would like to find out about yourself? I think the first thing I would want to know, is if I had children and if I were married? What would you like to find out first?
• Chennai, India
I just couldn't imagine. Even may be what is my name?
@hdjohnson (2981)
That's a pretty tough one for me as I don't like to pry or am not to inquisitive about things. So I'd probably agree with you, if I were married, had kids, if I broke any laws was fugitive or something like that. After that I would like to know, if I were a millionaire, where I worked, lived, etc... Who were my friends if I had any. What about my family, did I have siblings, closer brothers and sisters. Was my parents still living, if not, did I know them at all, did I greave over there lives since they weren't any longer there? Lastly was I a good husband, good father, and good provider.
@sudalunts (5526)
Good choices, I saw on Dr Phil today where a man after four years of having amnesia still did not know who he was. No one has come forth to acknowledge his identity after four years, can you imagine?
@hdjohnson (2981)
It is ironic, because I suffered a bit of this recently, I won't go into great detail. But everything is getting back to normal as we speak. Thanks for the vote!
@bamakelly (5194)
I love your question. There is a lot to be said as to what I would want to know. But on the other hand I have never undergone the condition of amnesia and I can't imagine what I would even be thinking if encountered with it. If I did have somewhat the functioning of mind to question my life I would probably want to know the same kinds of questions that you pose. I would like to know if I had a husband or children and what I did for a living. Was I a happy person and a good person. That would really matter to me. I would also probably want to know how old I was and above all why I am in the situation of having amnesia in the first place!