words to throw out

@savypat (20246)
A school did a study about which words we should no longer use. The reasons being: Overuse, misuse, or just not useful. What words would you include? Green was one of the first.
@Shar19 (8236)
I don't see what is wrong with the word green. I know I'd like to get rid of the words: stupid, bored, and idiot.
@savypat (20246)
Yes those are used way to much.
I also read this article. I thought it was very interesting and I did agree with some of the words. Green for example is overused and has lost the impact that it once had. Maverick was another. I think this became popular because of Palin and has been used in a comedic way since then. I cannot think of any specific words that I would ban at this time, but I think many words have lost their meaning. I also think that some use words in an incorrect manner, which is just as bad as overusing the words. I guess we will see the impact that this article has on the public, but I do not think it will make much of a difference.
Well I hope they don't toss out the word green cause that is the color of my eyes, it would be really hard to describe them without it.
I saw the list of words and phrases. The one I liked best was "maverick". If I had to choose one of my own it would be "HD" for high definition. I think it is way overused and has become very annoying in the past year.