Homemade Pumpkin Donuts Were a Hit!

My sister gave me a recipe for pumpkin donuts with an apple cider glaze. I decided to make them and give them as gifts to a few of my clients. They were a total hit with them. Many have said they haven't had a homemade donut in years! There was a time when I made homemade donuts at least once a month. That was many years ago. This was the first time in nearly 10 years that I made them. I think I will do this more often. Have you every tried making homemade donuts?
@winterose (39913)
I only tried when I was newly married, 33 years ago, they came out well, but I haven't made them since, I want your donuts, lol
Come on over and I'll make a batch. We can have them with a nice hot cup of coffee!
@winterose (39913)
sounds wonderful, I don't bake that much either.
@stephcjh (32386)
That sounds really good. I would love to give that a try some time. I am not much of a pumpkin eater but those sound wonderful.
I will post the recipe later on today. It is really simple.
@lilybug (21182)
I have never made homemade donuts before. I bet those pumpkin ones were good. They sound good. Were they cake donuts or yeast donuts?
They were a cake type donut and really moist unlike a lot of donuts that I have made in the past. I believe it was the pumpkin that made it so moist.
@jillhill (37357)
You made my mouth water! They sound wonderful! It's been maybe twenty years since I have made homemade donuts....and maybe a year or more since I actually ate one but man....yours sound so good! Makes me what to have a donut!
They were wonderful. My sister said they were small enough so when she ate 2 of them she didn't feel guilty about it.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I never have made them from scratch, but every once in a while we make them out of biscuits, the cheap stuff, and fry them.
I have made them from biscuit dough too. Once I made them and drizzled chocolate icing on them. They were such a hit that I made them for every party I held in the future.
@Polly1 (12651)
I used to make homemade donuts many years ago. My mom had a cookbook with a wonderful recipe for fried cake donuts. The cookbook got ruined in a flooded basement, so I no longer have that recipe. The pumpkin donuts do sound good, I bet your clients were happy. I made homemade fudge and cookies for my friends and family, they were all happy with them.
I promised one of my clients that I would bring some caramel popcorn when I came back this weekend. I have to make it tonight.
I've never tried it personally, but my mom used to make homemade donuts when I was a kid. It was always a real treat. I'd love it if you'd share the reciped for the pumpkin donuts with apple cider glaze. It made my mouth water just reading the name. Please... Happy New Year.
I will be posting it later on. I have an appointment with a doctor for my neck in an hour.
oh my goodness, pumpkin doughnuts! My first thought was ICK! my second thought was, AM I NUTS?! that sounds good :P can I pretty please with sugar (or apple cider glaze) on top, have the recipe? :) or is it a special recipe that is a "No sharing" one?
@cynthiann (18576)
• Jamaica
Yes, I did make donuts many years ago when living on the farm. I don't think that they were particularly spectacular but the chil;dren loved them. I've never heard of pumpking donuts thogh. and an apple cider glaze? spounds crumptious. I used to make a passable pumpkin cake too. would you like to send me some todday if the pigeons are flying south? LOL. Blessings
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I think that I've had pumpkin donuts last year around Halloween (not this one but the one before). They were very good, but no I haven't made any. The ones I had weren't homemade either, I might say.