How do you make someone talk about their wishes?

@LittleMel (14055)
I know this sounds strange because who wouldn't want to talk about their wishes, dreams and hopes? I for sure do, although not to everybody and not all the time. I would tell my loved ones so they know what I am hoping to achieve someday. But have you ever met someone that can't seem to come up with hopes and wishes? How do you get him or her to talk about his or her wishes and hopes? I mean love and marriage-wise I am content, but I do have wishes and hopes for my small business. I'm sure that this is true for everyone. We are content in certain areas of our lives, but there must be other areas where we hope and wish it could improve.
@polachicago (19075)
Some people don't know what they wish for, therefore is very difficult for them to talk about. Many people just wish to live day by day without any plans. Hope in the other hand is very helpful for sick people, they can live as long as they have hope.
@LittleMel (14055)
I think he's been disappointed too many times I've been there, dreams and hopes turned into dust I just didn't stop fighting for it but now I know not all fights are worth it something or someone will take care of it and I can pick more important battle
@wolfie34 (26816)
I think it's sad that someone doesn't know what their wishes are, what they want to achieve or have no set goals in life, Life is far too short and we all need something to work for, something to live for, otherwise it all becomes so pointless doesn't it. Usually people are in the doldrums or their life becomes stale because they have no driving influences, they are stuck in a rut and look for others to guide them, thus giving their power over to other people, they are drifters and time goes too quickly and unless we have our wishes procrastination and time will go and then resentment, regret and hopelessness will set in. We need goals, we need aspirations so that we can work and build and make our life meaningful, contented and with a purpose.
@LittleMel (14055)
true. I just asked again and he said he just wants to retire without having to worry about anything. It's pretty much a general goal I guess, but at least he said something.
@liisafiat (660)
• Latvia
This is so easy, because people enjoy so much when somebody listens to them! They want to speak about what they are, what did they experience, and how successful and happy they are. Or might be. The best part of this is that You don`t have to start such conversation by sharing Your dreams and wishes. It is enough to say: "I don`t know what I would like to do in my future..." or "I wonder what will I be doing within 2 years time!" and then the other person will start to think about his future. And with a small and innocent question You might find out what are their wishes and dreams, as You will officially give the permission to speak out!
@LittleMel (14055)
I did ask but he said he doesn't know LOL and he said he will know in a few years time. I don't know anyone like this before, I mean don't know what he wises and hopes for??