taking a bath with your kid

do you do this and at what age did you stop? i was having this discussion yesterday with some friends and someone mentioned about a girl taking a shower with her dad still and she is 4. i'd worry about her saying something at school or something and people taking it the wrong way.
@lilybug (21148)
I have never taken a bath with either of my kids. I have washed my daughters hair in the shower with me a few times though. It is probably innocent, but I would think people would get the wrong idea about a guy taking a shower with his 4 year old.
i know a dad that took a shower with his kids till they were like 10 years old but it would be like after camping trip etc. he would check heades and under arms for ticks he also wore swim shorts and they kids wore swim suits too. i mean i never took one with my parents but i had bad parents too. i think it is still ok for them to take a shower with his daughter and like the guy i know i dotn see anything wrong with what he does i mean they are covered and he does it for a good reason. ticks can make you sick and well i remeber when i was a kid i use to get them every where and i didnt check real good for them lol. it depends on the parents and etc.
@Raven7317 (693)
I take showers with my son... It's mainly for convenience, safety and teaching. The convenience part is obviously on my part! LOL If I want a shower and he needs a bath, either he gets a bath and I don't or we both shower together! The safety thing is because he really wanted to take a shower but I didn't want him in there alone in case he slipped, played with the water controls or something. The teaching part is to actually show him how to bathe himself, how to keep the water out of his face and to rinse himself off and all that good stuff. I don't really like to shower with him anymore because he's talking really well and notices differences. He was taught not to touch mommy in areas with the phrase "mommy's body" and he was very respectful of that. Now, he showers with his dad and is also taught "daddy's body" and doesn't touch. I don't think there's anything wrong with showering with them when they are little, it's mostly a teaching experience and an encouragement to be a big boy/girl. My son is at the point now where I can put him in the shower without me, but I still have to stand in the bathroom to watch him. He thinks he's a big boy now and I struggle to find time for myself to shower!
@fasttalker (2798)
I have two boys that are grown now but I never took a bath or shower with them and neither did their dad. It was just not something that wasn't an option in our home. Honestly there was never any thoguht or reason as to why we just didn't consider it. I would definately have a problem with a dad showering with a four year old.
@Niah1976 (733)
Me and my 3 year old kid bathe together. But I never take my panties off. Bacause I am sure she will have some questions that I am awkward to answer. And she might tell it to others that my mom has blah.....blah...blah. So it is shameful on my part.