Would You Want Enhanced Physical or Mental Abilities?

@stealthy (8188)
If, by genectic engineering or nano-technology or whatever, enhanced physical or mental abilities were suddenly cheaply available, would you want them? Or, would you want to just stay with your natural abilities that you already have? Would you want them for your child? Would you consider such an advancement to be a natural progression of human development?
@deserve40 (1605)
Ofcourse, I would like to have more physical abilities. I remember that I wanted to do well in sports during my school and college days but the biggest problem was my stemina. I used to get tired very fast and my opponents used to take the advantage of this to defeat me every time. My skills in sports were really very good but I could not use them because of this reason. After joining the profession also I had problems with my physical strength. I used to get tired faster than other people and that did not allow me to do the progress as I wished to. I wish that I could get little more physical abilities to work harder which is quite essential if you want to be on the top.
@stealthy (8188)
Do you have some kind of physical problem that limits your stamina? Usually stamina can be improved with aerobic exercise unless there is a reason that one can't do it. Also, if you got the enhancements it might not produce any gain for you since the other people would probably get them too and your position relative to them would be the same.
@deserve40 (1605)
I do not have any physical problem. I am perfectly okay. The only problem is that I get tired after few hours' working. So working in extended hours is very troublemsome for me. I agree that through exercise stemina can be developed but now I do not have time to do exercise for myself. So I said that if more physical ability is available to me then I can do better in my profession.
we share the same sentiments, stamina. actually, this can be done already nowadays. i remember having viewed this in maybe, discovery channel. i am not so sure about this anymore. talking about this genetic engineering thing being performed, they are doing this on those test tube babies. since the process is very expensive only the rich, or those who are being supported by someone rich in the process, can afford it. it was shown in great detail how it is being done. the enhancement though is only on the physical level and not on the mental abilities. so, the parents can be sure that their child will be free of any abnormality upon birth. they can tamper with the height; the color of the hair, eyes and skin; they can make sure that the child will be born with good phsique - everything that's physical, the parents can signify their choices on this matter. actually, as i listened to them, i thought that it is a very good thing that they have come up with in genetic engineering. but, for mental abilities, i hope that they will not tamper with that. the world is already so very chaotic as it is with all the intelligent ones thinking of ways how to outdo one another with devastating projects.
it shall be my physical abilities which i want enhanced. i have always been sickly since as a child. how i wish that something could be done so i can no longer be this way. if i were stronger and healthier, i could have achieved so much more. even for my children, this shall be my choice. they are all physically weaker than the normal ones. they easily get tired and weak after indulging in some physical work and physical activities. as for our mental capabilities, i am quite contented the way we are. but, if everyone else's mental abilities are enhanced we will surely lag behind them dramtically. nonetheless, i still believe that it is better to be physically fit while being just an average one when mental abilities are taken into consideration. it is so difficult to live the way of a sickly person. this is my primary consideration in this decision.