what do you think of little boys playing with dolls?

normally, that is not the kind of situation we'd want to see, especially if the boy is our own blood, right? but how true is it that boys who played with dolls tend to end up as good fathers?
@lbinkley (1078)
I see absolutely nothing wrong with little boys playing with dolls. In fact, I would be fine with it if it were my own son. He has a lot of friends who are girls in this area, and he plays with their dolls. He loves to pretend to give the dolls a bottle and so on. If it makes him a more compassionate father, that is all the better. I think it is the people who are uncomfortable with their own sexuality who freak out about little boys with dolls. I think it's fine!
i agree with you. thanks for replying to this post. it really meant a lot.
All I can say is that when we got pregnant with our second child, we got our two year old daughter a baby doll, and because of her practice with that baby doll, she has been nothing but an absolute joy when she's dealing with her younger brother. There's a huge social stigma involved in giving "girl" toys to boys, but it really comes down to one thing: is the child able to stimulate his or her imagination with this toy? Is this toy allowing the child to play pretend, to learn things about people? Even though girls do hormonally have a greater tendency toward motherly play actions, it would not surprise me if boys who play with dolls become better fathers, especially if the parents are encouraging and involved. For instance, if, when my son is two years old, he picks up my daughter's baby doll and begins playing with her, and I'm able to talk to him about being gentle with people who are smaller than he is, and he actually retains that knowledge, I'll be assured that he has learned a life lesson.
great point! well expressed. thanks for your comment. it really means a lot. i've learned a lot from you, you know. i rated you for this.
I don't see a thing wrong with it.
thanks for your comment.
@caramello (4381)
I do not see a problem with it, it is part of growing up and hopefully setting the ground for the caring that is needed to being a parent.
we all have similiar opinions here. thanks for your comment.
i don't think it's a problem as long as they play with boy toys, I think it makes them more caring
thanks for commenting on this discussion...
@Sukhmeen (396)
Ya i think they play with dolls
@Pici0274 (557)
I think they turn out more passionate and caring.
yes, that's what an expert said. thanks for your response.