christmas and new year is over!!!

@vanities (11387)
Davao, Philippines
hello guys its 2009 and the yuletide season was over!! i went to the Mall yesterday and ive seen the Christmas decorations was not there anymore..and i felt somewhat sad or maybe my festive mood was change to something that i cant describe and im thinking whats next? and yet in one side i seen red Chinese dresses and everything that i can recognize as Chinese food and decors and it came to my mind that new year celebration was not yet over or not even started yet on Chinese community...but all the same i feel i little sad...maybe coz my daughter and my son left home yesterday for work in their respective locations...and i felt somewhat missed them already and everything ..we did had a great time during the holidays!! what about you guys what did you feel at this very moment when all is over i mean the festive season...and everything..?
Hi Vanities my friend.. Just dropping to say you hi.. and my belated wishes to you, for X-mas and New year. Take care friend.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi saiven..thanks for the greetings you posted in my profile page...happy new year too...
@ammie07 (322)
Christmas and new year went like a flash of a second.i agree that it was a great festive season for more than one reason to be honest.lets take a brief look why? 1]we get to spend time with our family,time that has been lost throughout the year 2]get a break from long monotonous work 3]we can catch with all our TV programs......etc i know when its all over we feel sad and depressed.but its wrong to get depressed as we have a lot to look forward to common its a new year that mean's new beginning new start we are going to have our birthdays coming up,we can buy for coming Christmas as in January the sales are going to be low and due to discounts we can save a lot........look there are so many reasons to be happy about then why to feel sad???????
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello ammie...i agree with you on that...plus the reunion thing with families and friends..plus the no work thing...that is of course with pay
@zackyo7 (301)
To tell you the truth here in Trinidad there are still christmas decorations. Even in the town square there are still lights on trees and stuff. Just today when I went to the bank I saw decorations. And as a matter of fact just last weekend I was hanging out with by my friend and we got ham and snacks and everything. The only thing is that there is no more christmas music but you can still see it. And we have another festival called carnival coming up so that's another totally different spirit and there is already music for it.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello zackyo!!!thats great...another celebration!!!
@jillhill (37383)
Yesterday I got down my decorations and was very glad to have my house somewhat back to normal. I am not sad in the least.....I had a wonderful holiday season but am looking forward now to making things for Valentines....so I guess I am already looking forward to the next holiday! LOL
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi jill... great..
I'm sad that the holidays are gone. It came and went so fast that I didn't get a chance to burn some of my new candles I purchased or watch some holiday dvd's I have ( we only watched 2 of them out of a set of 5). And I feel like I didn't get a chance to enjoy our holiday tree because I was too busy running around doing things to be able to sit down and look at it for very long. My son did though, he would pull a chair up close to the tree and look at it for an hour, so I'm glad he had a chance to enjoy the tree. I love Christmas lights and I'm sad to see them come down. But I usually keep fairy lights and star shape lights up year round in my home for decoration because they make me feel happy and warm.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi cassandralynn...ohh i see...i guess Christmas really is for children...
@Modestah (11192)
well, it is different for us. We do not celebrate Christmas during Advent. Our Christmas starts Christmas Day at midnight. We celebrate the Christmas tide until the Candlemass Feast on February second. I do not think our freshly cut tree will last that long though. Today is the Epiphany, so there is still "something" to celebrate.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello modestah...ohh i see and you are??
@catdla1 (6005)
I always feel a little sad when the Holiday and New Year decorations get put away too. It's such a happy time of year! Stores around me have already put out Easter decorations. They always start so early! Last year I started noticing back-to-school sales...when classes hadn't even been let out for the summer yet!
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi catdla...
but the valentine is just ahead in febuary... so the festivity is just on be prepared for it too...
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello yoursonlyurs..i guess so..
@writersedge (22579)
I felt tired and relief because it was over and we had hosted this year. Our family all lives close by so it's not as sad for us. Thanks and take care. Chinese New Year I hear is Jan. 24 and the year of the Ox. So happy year for Oxes and for the Oxes born this year.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi writersedge..good for you then...ohh i see thanks for the info..have a nice day and more blessings to come this year..
@ajrox1810 (992)
I understand your feelings. First is all the fun we have with our friends, relatives partying all night long both on Christmas and New Year's Eve. And then, within a split second, it is all gone, we wish we could bring yesterday back around but somehow it's against the law. And then we sit around all day thinking about the fun we had, the laughs, the cries. But soon, we get busy with our schedules and forget everything. Regards, AJ-Rox.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi ajrox..thanks for responding and dropping by...have a nice day..
@gr8life (6253)
Hello vanities, I am still in a festive mood. I just started working yesterday as my office closed for a week last week. Still, I don't feel like working but oh, my! I have a lot of work (as usual) to do. I am a bit free now as my husband is not at home and so I don't have to cook for the family. I went to the shopping mall this afternoon and I can see that everything is back to normal. No more Christmas or New Year decorations. Maybe by the mid of the month, they will start to redecorate the mall for Chinese New Year.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi gr8..thanks for sharing your observation..and have a nice day..
@dropofrain (1168)
I dont think everything is over, things are still going on. THE new year has just begin and we need to make ourselves feel that every new year brings in some or the other things for each one of us. It is really important to let people know the celebration time is going on and on.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
nice thinking dropofrain..
@lingli_78 (12844)
oh yes... the christmas season is over now and we hardly can see christmas decorations in the mall anymore... they all had been taken down and some of them who still have them are selling them at half-price... take care and have a nice day...
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello lingli...you too have a nice day..
@Tinna_He (300)
Though chinese spring festival haven't started,i always feel boring.When we are children ,we were looking forward to the festival.On the new year's eve,the families will get together for dinner and watch tv.At the new year ,we wore new clothes and got the red bag from the olders.many relatives will come and erverybody talk and plan together.it is so lively.Now many relatives won't come back home because of working outside.After lunch everyone need go home soonest in order to deal with something and has no time to chat. So when the festival is over ,i will say "oh,this is spring festival.it is so boring".
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi tinna..thanks for dropping by..
@gracie04 (4554)
Yeah, holiday is officially over and i feel a little sad about it.. you know, i miss the simple get together, the christmas celebration, gift giving and bonding moments with the family..
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello gracie!!same here..
Yeah, Christmas and new year is over, I just feel it is so quick. I just feel Christams was yesterday. One year is passed away so fast, we need to say goodbuy to 2008, and to say hello to the coming year 2009. I hope this is really a new year and will bring me good luck.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi coly..me too..i eman hoping to be a great 2009!!
@annjilena (5620)
iam glad it,s all over even though i enjoyed it
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hello annjilena...ahh ok..thanks for dropping by and have a nice day..
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi vanities! I have to agree with you! It does feel kind of sad knowing that the holidays are really over! There are still places where there are some decorations still up, but you can tell that the holidays are over! I was walking to the grocery store tonight and there were some people who still had their decorations on their houses and some still were lit up, but it didn't feel the same! I took my tree down this weekend and I felt really sad too! And now a whole year has to go by till we put it back up again! And that seems like a really long time from now!
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi!!it is opal...
@lilcee (2704)
I felt a little down when it was all over. It seems like you plan for days for that special time to come and when it does come and then it's over you're like - is that all there was? It's over already? Now I need to get busy with my mylotting. I got really behind. Have a good lotting day.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
hi lilcee..yeah same here with me ..i guess i need an extension to be with my children!!!
@sweetie1026 (1723)
Kind of sad too because i will miss hanging around with my girls. I have been on a long vacation during the holidays so i kind of got used to just being here in the house with them. Now, it's back to work for me and to school for them, i miss all the story telling, watching movies on DVD, playing games with them and going around the malls shopping or just window shopping with them. Yesterday as being the first day of work and school, i think that we missed each other so much that we had so many stories to tell each other when we got home.
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
same here sweetie!!