Ever fallen asleep in the tub?

@Pleiades (847)
Picture this: It's been a long cold day and your nerves are shot. Everything and everyone has had you running on fast mode since you woke up early in the morning so long ago. Finally, you're home where it's nice, safe and warm. Perhaps you've managed to enjoy a warm meal with the family, perhaps you ate cold cereal. Regaurdless, the moment of absolute peace and quiet comes when you've immersed yourself in the rich hot waters that is scented with something that doesn't remind you of traveling the El. Aaaahhhhh...yes...the sudes, the bubbles surround you like a blanket sent straight from mother nature. You can't help but close your eyes and relish in the silence. Question is: when you open your eyes again, have you realized that you've dozed off for a moment or two? Did you dream? *Pleiades
@oyenkai (4399)
I've never fallen asleep in the bath before. Probably because I'm short and my feet can't reach the other end of the tub, and neither can my arms support me long enough because the tub is a bit too high for my trunk. I'm scared I'll drown if I even attempt it! Thanks for the comment on my discussion!
@Pleiades (847)
Now, I can understand the fear of falling asleep. I suppose your tub is built different than ours here in America. With ours, if you want to lay back, you have to fold your legs in to get everything wet. *Pleiades
I have only ever fallen asleep in the tub once. I'm not even sure why I was tired or whatever. I just remember I drew a bath and got comfortable and was relaxing and then next thing I know I woke up about 10 minutes later completely shocked that I had fallen asleep. I was probably about 14 or so at the time. I haven't done it since thankfully. That scares me really. You don't know if you'll slide down into the tub or something and drown.
@Pleiades (847)
Yeah, I've been told people are worried about drowning, but I would think you'd wake up as soon as you've realized you can't breath...unless it's one of those whacky dreams where you're dreaming you're drowning and you're really drowning and...wow... *Pleiades
@kykidd (6823)
OH absolutely Pleiades, as a matter of fact, I am sure that this has happened to me on more than one occasion. I have even been woke up in the bathtub, not realizing that I had fallen asleep. I think I am one of those people who when I am tired that I could sleep anywhere. Although, I don't remember dreaming during such an occasion. I guess I was just so beat up that I was just exumed in the relaxation. Thanks for starting this discussion, and best wishes for many nice long bathes in the future!!!
@Pleiades (847)
Thanks for answering this odd discussion...but I was thinking about it as I was taking a long hot bath. Hehe...but I had some lighted candles near my head so it's a good thing I didn't fall alseep or I'd catch on fire. Yikes! *Pleiades
@bamakelly (5194)
I really don't think that I have ever done that. Sure. I have been quite relaxed and tired enough to perhaps end up falling asleep while bathing however I just am too alert in the tub to let myself fall asleep. I am just too conscientious a person to let that happen. I have anxiety anyway and I can only relax so much before I wind up getting out of the tub after a short time.
@Pleiades (847)
Sounds like you're one of those people that just does their business and heads off to the next topic of interrest. Man, if I did that, I'd have so much stuff done. Instead, I like to linger and take my time with things. *Pleiades
@bamakelly (5194)
You seem to have me right there! I do like to get business taken care of and go onto the next thing that I need to do. I do like to linger with some things every once in a while.