Update on "Friend"

@worldwise1 (14890)
Some of you may remember a recent discussion I posted about breaking away from a woman who had been my friend for a couple of years. I just discovered that the reason for some of her odd behavior is that someone has turned her on to drugs. When another neighbor informed me of this today I was not completely surprised because my daughter was here over the weekend and told me of her suspicions when she noted the change in the woman. Needless to say, I really hate to hear this because she has been through so much, but even I cannot solve everyone's problems. My daughter stressed that I should keep her out of my apartment and that is what I plan to do from now on. She will be the second friend I have lost to such a problem. Have you ever had something like this happen?
@Thoroughrob (11771)
It is sad that you have to lose a friend this way. Sometimes when you are low enough you try anything anyone suggests to make you feel better, even when you know it is wrong.
@worldwise1 (14890)
While I do agree with you, Thoroughrob, I have found that at times when I feel at my lowest I turn to my faith. Maybe it's all in a person's makeup.
@winterose (39931)
I have had a few situations where I considered it best not to communicate with a friend anymore, the bottom line in all these situations was I found the relationship was toxic and it was stressing me out, so I terminated them.
@worldwise1 (14890)
That is true, winterose, and life is often more stressful than we need it to be. I will miss this person as a friend but I will have more peace of mind.
@MsTickle (24966)
Oh dear...that's pretty awful and a real shame that now you have to avoid your friend. Why do people do this...drag others down with them I mean? I know with people I have been with...I have picked up their bad habits...how come they don't pick up my good ones??? It's a mystery to me.
@worldwise1 (14890)
People usually pick up bad habits so much easier, Ms Tickle, because the good ones are not nearly so much fun!
I am sorry to hear about your friends.I hope you still have your best friend and family to give you support.If you need to talk, shoot me a private message. Take Care.
@ronaldinu (12454)
• Malta
Can you try to direct her to find help from professionals? I have not followed you other discussion, but if this friend is causing you problems in your personal life than you are doing a good thing that you keep her out of your personal life. But being a friend implies helping her in times of need. She seems that she needs help to kick out this habit. (c) ronaldinu 2009 - the more people I meet-the more I love my dog