Sending Christmas cards

@loujac3 (1189)
With the availability of cards by email, do you continue to sent out Christmas cards in the mail? I am from the old school and it is tradition to send cards to people that I do not see or talk to on a regular basis. E-cards are fine for casual greetings and a good laugh but I think we loose that personal touch when we don't send out a card in the regular mail. I, of course, have cut my list back since the cost has risen for postage and there are many people that for one reason or another I no longer talk to.
The Nativity - nativity scene
Yes, Loujac there is a Santa Clause. I haven't sent cards out for the past few years, but I decided a few weeks ago, that there are some VERY speicial people in my life, ( you know who you are ), and that this year it was time to return to to tradition. I love getting cards in the mail, as I know others do to. It was always tradition in my family to display the christmas cards received, and as a kid, I loved to just look at the scenes, and bright colors. I agree, we do lose that personal touch when we don't send out Christmas cards. And they are so much more personalized that e-cards. So can I put you on my card list.
@loujac3 (1189)
I would be crushed if you didn't! Love to all at your house. Thanks!
HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU - HUGS AND KISSES
Hey...I think I should get best response for this one, lol.
• New Zealand
I still send christmas cards by post. Its so much nicer.
@loujac3 (1189)
I am so happy to hear that! Thank you and Happy Holidays!
@quink82001 (2939)
I never send out Christmas cards in the mail. It is a tradition for me too to send out cards to people I don't see or talk to on a regular basis. Of course I even send them to the people I do see. I love to buy Christmas cards and send them to everyone. I just love Christmas in general:D
@loujac3 (1189)
Happy Holidays and keep up the traditions! Thank you!
@lilaclady (28270)
To those who have an email address I send an email that I make myself with clipart....for those who are not on line I still send cards....
@loujac3 (1189)
Happy Holidays and thank you!
@tentwo67 (3384)
fa la la la la la la la la - tis the season
I do still do regular Christmas cards each year. Now that I have a child I try to do a card with his photo each year, but usually just a snapshot that I took and reproduced. It's a creative outlet for me and I enjoy the exercise of creating and sending the cards each year.
@loujac3 (1189)
Thank you for a wonderful reply! Enjoy that baby, they grow up so fast. Spend all the time you can with your child, the dust will always be there to clean up later. My children are now 24 and 26. Where did the time go?
@jray721 (1973)
i send xmas cards to everyone, whether they live close or far. i always liked recieving them and hope the ppl i send them to enjoy them just as much =)
@loujac3 (1189)
I am glad that you hold that opinion. My sister keeps every card that she gets and I have no idea how whe can store them all. She even dates each one so she can remember when she got it. Thanks for your response!
@toonatoons (3740)
thank God for people like you --- keeps the postal service alive. while i appreciate e-cards and stuff, there's a certain sentimentality and joy in receiving a card or a letter delivered by the mailman, don't you think?
@loujac3 (1189)
AMEN! I get excited everytime I open the mailbox and find a card. I like to be able to touch it and know that someone was thinking of me when they wrote it. I can go to it anytime I start to feel blue and it makes me happy. Thank you for such a wonderful reply! Warm hugs to you!
i do try to send christmas cards by snail mail to at least my family and a couple close friends few of hubbys friends ..but just about everyone else i settle for email cards ...i dont think it matters to much to me either email or reg mail as long as i know i am being thought of at least a few minutes during a friend or family members day makes me happy
@loujac3 (1189)
Thank you Sassy for your reply! Have a wonderful holiday season!
@cutepenguin (6458)
I like actual greeting cards for Christmas cards. It's nice to have them all lined up, and read the messages from people. This year is the first year that I am actually going to send Christmas cards. We're sending them to relatives that we don't see often, as well as friends, and a few random people from work.
@loujac3 (1189)
I love to see a tradition starting out! It is wonderful to view the cards and to remember those people we can not be close enough to so that we may hug them. I want to thank you for your response and for keeping a wonderful tradition going! Hugs!
I would perfer a card by snail mail it means so much more to open up a card from a loved one you can keep always and show to others
@loujac3 (1189)
I still go back and look at the cards my kids made so many years ago. It gets me teary eyed. I really like the homemade ones! Thank you!
@darshini (55)
You said it!! Yes, for a personal touch, a card in the regular mail can't be beaten!! But yes, we have to take into account the cost of a good card and the postage.. Other than E-cards, people also use more the cell phone sms on any festivity!!
@loujac3 (1189)
I love that personal touch! I try to stay away from sms and just give my friends a call. I use the cards I receive to decorate my livingroom during the holidays. Thank you for your reply!
@deeds14 (823)
I personally don't, but my family still does. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail, so when I live on my own, I hope to send them out. :)
@loujac3 (1189)
There is nothing that compares to a card in the mail. It makes you all festive and happy! Thank you for responding!
i still send x-mas cards, sum of my family dont owna coputer or know how to use one, they just dont care for it, so i send them cards to let them i i still love them and remember them lol
@manmaxman (850)
cards i always send but wishing inforant is the best thing about its
@DFrodeo06 (1325)
i send card out to all family
@Polly1 (12650)
I have always sent cards. Its a nice way of letting people know that you care and that you are thinking of them.
@amsharma (1863)
Honestly, I dont. I use egreetings all the time for every occasion.
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
I love giving cards out on christmas and mailing alot of them can be expensive if you have alot so i email some andd send others or pass them out as i see the people. either way they get one..sometimes 2 if i find one on the net that i like and think they wouold like also..
@leodim12 (357)
• Greece
No. I prefere to call them one week before Christmas. Only the people that i love and care.
@happygal68 (3278)
I always send homemade cards to my closet family members and friends. That is one thing I really enjoy for the Christmas Holidays! I send out e-cards to those that don't get a homemade one, that is if I have an email addy for them. There are still some ppl out there that are not online lol.