***Oh, What A Mess!***

Here I was just happily typing away, catching up with everyone's discussions on myLot. Decided to make a pot of coffee..simple hmmm? Oh no, just another disaster in the making for me. I got up nonchalantly from the computer, went to get a nice hot cup of java, and lo and behold! I found coffee grounds all over my sink, all down the cupboards, and all over the floor. The darn coffee pot overflowed. Coffee grounds everywhere and what a pain in the neck to clean up. Just what I wanted to do today. I guess it's that time again to clean the coffee pot and run it through with vinegar. Doesn't it seem that sometimes just the simplest procedure can end up being nothing but a lousy task? Has your coffee pot ever overflowed and you found yourself cleaning up little tiny coffee grounds which look like millions of little ants attacking your counter and cupboards and floor, floating peacefully in puddles of water like they don't have a care in the world? LOL! That's what it reminded me of. Hope your day is going better! xxoo
@KrauseHome (35507)
Personally I have never experienced this one yet, and would not want too. When you are emptying the Grounds if you accidently miss the Trash that is Bad enough. I know it would be frustrating for me if it was me, and I would be tempted to start considering a New Coffee maker even after cleaning out the other one for sure. Hope this does not keep happening to you.
I think it might be the coffee filters I bought. Really cheap one's and maybe they're too thick or something. It just happened to me again this morning, ugh!!! What a way to start the day.
@xboxboy (5578)
today i was getting on fine with my work when i kicked over the solvent cleaner. it went all over the floor, disolving the paint on the floor and making the area unworkable as the fumes were deadly. set me back a day. wish i had spilled a cup of java!
Oh, now why did you have solvent cleaner in an area where it could be kicked? That had to be really bad to start your day off. Ummmm, yes, I would rather have coffee all over my floor instead. I wouldn't want to deal with your solvent cleaner.
actually it wasnt my coffee pot, but my washing machine... I started my laundry one day last summer... did a few things around the house, also with kids, you tend to repick up the same things a million times in one day... then I got on the computer to check my emails and then went back into the kitchen to find my floor was flooded with water. Well turned out the hose on my washing machine came undone and flooded my laundry room and my kitchen.... a pain the butt yes!!!!! although I got the laundry finished and the floors mopped at the same time.....LMAO!!
Oh Nooooo! That had to be the worst ever! Isn't it funny how we're just going about our merry way, doing a million other things at once, and all this is happening just a few feet away, lol! Thank goodness for locked doors. I can see me cleaning the bathroom and those rotten little burglars would probably come in and clean me out without me even knowing it, lol! I'm telling you, the older I get, the more I don't pay attention to nothing.
@ladym33 (11007)
I'm sorry that happened to you. That does sound like a horrible experience, and a horrible thing to have to clean up. I have had lots of other of those kinds of disasters, but I have never had that exact one happen to me, where my coffee pot overflowed. But I only make coffee occasionally. I am sure if I made it more regularly that this would happen to me as well.
Oh you are such a lucky lady, lol! It is a pain to clean up. It did remind me though to clean the coffee pot so it runs smoothly which I did. So far, so good, haha.
@sid556 (31003)
more times than I care to reminisce about! That is almost as bad as dropping the box of cocoa puffs....always a fun start to the day!
HaHa, Cocoa Puffs? I bet that was fun to clean up. Good thing it wasn't Cocoa Puffs in a bowl of milk or it would look like some Big Ants floating around all over the floor, lol! Thanks for responding!
Hi Kash, that scenario is fairly frequent around here. My husband only has one eye so his depth perception is awful. Sometimes when he puts the grounds in he misses the inside of the filter so the grounds wash down into the hole and clog it up. He also has a bad habit of grabbing two filters instead of one. To say the least it can't drain fast enough if there are two filters in there. The result, a backup and overflow! I learned a long time ago to rinse the filter container out on a regular basis and make sure there are no stray coffee grounds in there. Plus I put at least 4 or 5 paper towels under the the whole coffee maker just in case. You're right those wet coffee grounds are a real pain to clean up!
I've already grabbed two filters without knowing it and sure enough...overflow, haha. Now I make sure I'm ONLY using one. Sometimes I think they're making them a little thicker than they use to, I don't know why. I might just try the paper towel trick, as a back up. Thanks!
Oh i hate that when it happens it makes me so mad.I clean my coffee maker once a month and if still happens i know its time for a new one.That mess is so hard to clean up.
You know, you might be right about getting a new one. It does have a little short in it where the on/off switch is. When I turn it on I hear bink bink bink, haha, and the little red light goes on and off until I get up and smack it around a little. Yes, guess it's time, like I really want to spend the money right now, darn it.
@bamakelly (5194)
I have had my share of coffee pot mishaps in my time and boy is it a pain to deal with especially when you get it ready and go to drink it and there is an overflow and all of the beans are in the coffee itself. Then you need to start all over again. I had a coffee maker where the carafe was a solid white color so you could not always tell if there was coffee in it unless you looked into it. I would make the mistake of putting water into the coffee maker and find out later it would over flow. What a messy thing.
Yeh, what a pain it is. And, I ran out of paper towels, of course to make it even more of a pain, so I had to use an old rag. Now I had to get up all the time to rinse it out with the little buggy coffee grounds in it, haha. I swear I heard little laughter coming out of those grounds too. Sounds like you have the same luck I do...none, lol!