Today in England the sea froze over!

@urbandekay (18312)
In the usually temperate south of England the temperature was down to -12c and along the coast in places the sea froze. Just thought you'd like to hear that :) all the best urban
@bombshell (11266)
aww thats cold! in germany its -29 degrees .
@urbandekay (18312)
Owch! al the best urban
@bombshell (11266)
yeah it is true its ouch!.this afternoon veryyyyyyyyyyyyy cold even we had gloves.
@kykidd (6820)
Hey Urban, that is pretty interesting information. Now, I don't have a globe or map in front of me, but isn't the sea in England like the ocean in the United States? If so, I couldn't even imagine such a thing happening. I know it gets cold in some parts of the United States, but I couldn't imagine that big of a body of water freezing over. It would have to be very cold in a very large portion of the states. Thanks for sharing, and have a great day!
@urbandekay (18312)
Yes, 'sea' and 'ocean' are pretty interchangeable words all the best urban
@bamakelly (5194)
That must be a sight to see. I have seen lakes freeze over but the sea in England has to be mighty cold to get that effect! I live in Alabama in the United States. I don't think too much has frozen here at all during this past winter season. As a matter of fact the temperatures usually stay above fifty during the day and we have been having a lot of rain and days of over seventy degrees! A big difference than from what you are experiencing.
@flowerchilde (12518)
Very interesting! Thanks.. I just heard of how Italy has record snow.. I missed exactly how much though.. sounded like a lot..
@cdparazo (5768)
That must be something to behold. I wonder if anyone dared to walk over it? I would really be tempted too and claim that I once walked on the sea. Wouldn't that be something?
@urbandekay (18312)
You have an urge to walk on water? Now where have I heard that before all the best urban
@cdparazo (5768)
Yup! It's more than an urge...it's my ultimate goal in life. I guess you heard them on...Oprah???
Oh cool! Does that mean I can come to England and go ice skating on the ocean? ....
@urbandekay (18312)
You'll have to be quick all the best urban
@veganbliss (3903)
• Adelaide, Australia
Oh dear! Has this happened since? And before? How did this affect trade by sea? And fishing? Perhaps your fishermen were delighted that they could finally go deep sea fishing without a boat? Would this be due to the LaNina effect?
It must be terribly terribly cold. Recently I had gone to Jammu and Kashmir and it was terribly cold for me. It had not yet started snowing then. Every house was carpeted and no one took bath with cold water. Here in Delhi some people take bath in cold water even in peak winter. It is not too cold.
@raydene (9875)
Hi Friend That is amazing! I didn't know you have had such cold weather there. I hope you're wearing your wool sock and long underwear. xoxoxoxoxo