Was Burris being clever or just bad English????

I noticed when Burris was explaining why he could not be involved in Blagojevich's sale of Obama's senate seat he gave the following response: Responding to questions on whether supporters had actually made calls to Blagojevich on his behalf, Burris laughingly responded, "If they did, it was certainly no 'pay to play' involved, because I don't have no money." http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=6601973&page=2 This is a double negative which actually means he does have money!!! So is he being clever or just does not know correct English grammar? What do you think. IMO I do not trust any the politicians involved in this Blagojevich scandal. I hope they do impeach him tomorrow.
@myklj999 (19942)
I think it was just a slip of the slang. Yes, I think most of us are hoping for impeachment in the case of Governor Rod...at least I'm pretty sure all of us in Illinois are hoping for it.
@jonesy123 (3950)
IMO it's just bad English. Slang. I'm sure he knows correct English grammar but this kind of slang is probably typical for his voter base. He might be used to talking that way to get his message across. But the other meaning applies, too, as in fact he does have money, lol. I just don't think he meant to say that;)
as a person who once was involved in politics(if only on a local level) don't trust anyone in politics involved in Blagojevich or not !
@Lakota12 (42684)
not keeping up with it but sounds like he doesnt have a good grip on the English language. I wouldnt trust them either I didnt think you could sell a senate seat. and I hope he is impeached too.!
@anniepa (27240)
I think it was just poor grammar. I'm sure he knows the proper way to speak but it's probably the way lots of people talk in his district or neighborhood or whatever and things like that can "rub off". I think they've gotten at least one step closer to impeaching Blagojevich. Hooray! Annie
I'd give him a break. I suspect he meant the common meaning of not having any money. Now, if this was Bill Clinton speaking, I'd not be so sure.