Have you ever gave/received negative rating for any response?If so why?

Well we have many suggestion for our response in mylot namely best response,rated comment etc.. and i also see negative response next to the positive one .Is any one gave or received negative rating for any response.I never gave any one the negative rating, bcoz the every response i receive for my discussion are very worth for me .
@phyrethyme (1267)
Yeah I've given one person a negative rating because his response was more insulting than helping. The response wasn't directed to me but was for a woman. I gave it a negative rating because first off, the response wasn't substantial and it was just like some insult. It was degrading the person who was asking for a response.. I guess it's a bit personal..
I think it is not bad to give negative rating to these kinds of guys .What you did is right thing.Thanks for your response.
@maean_19 (4662)
I never give negative ratings to anyone even though sometimes the response are something provocative or offensive. I just ignore them. I believe more that once I rate someone in the negative, I might receive the same negative rate. I just don't care anymore.