i've never watched wizard of oz

am i missing out. is it good, i've heard it can be scary for children. i want to get it for my daughter who is 5. would it be a good choice for that age group
@deebomb (15347)
It is a classic and a great one. As for it being scary for a five year old it can't be any scary then the news is today. My granddaughter started watching it when she was about 5 o6 and she is now 22. If you explain that it is all pretend she might enjoy it more. Get it and watch it for yourself then decided if it is for her now or later. this web site suggests that the age group for watching the Wizard of Oz is best at age 6 http://www.nickjr.com/parenting/flicks_for_kids/ffk_wizard_of_oz_special_edition.jhtml
thanks for the info
@deebomb (15347)
Your welcome
Okay there are some evil things to me about the wizard of oz, but I will say it is a classic. My girls love that movie, one of them will watch it over and over again. I would let your daughter see it I think she will like it. Like I said it is a classic and I would think see might be missing out a little on a great movie that was made. This is my opinion and it is your choice on weather or not you would want her to watch it? Have you ever seen the movie? If not you both can have the experince to see it together and share a memory. I hope this helps. Happy mylotting to you, and great post.
no i've never seen it either. i have an obsession of bying her all the classics. but the disney ones. i'd like to get something different but wasn't sure if this one was any good
@shell94 (990)
It is most definitely a classic that any child should see. There are a few parts that may be a bit scary to a 5 yr old but the movie is amazing. It will capture her heart with the music and dancing.
If you're worried that it's going to be scary for your daughter, watch it first and then decide. You know your daughter better than anyone. I don't think it would be too bad for her. It has a lot of good themes in it that teach young kids about imagination and believing in one's self. I would almost recommend waiting until she's seven-years-old so she can piece everything together better. Most five-year-old children can't put all that is happening in movies together.
@ds6413 (2073)
Hi poppoppop111, hmmm, I do not like that movie. I know more about the person who wrote the story , that's all I will say about the Wizard Of Oz.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I am not sure if it would be or not. It's been awhile since I've seen it but seeing as it's more of a movie for older children, I would think she might get scared. I know that when I was younger I was confused about some parts of the movie and then some parts bothered me.