Are you a "people person"?

@CRIVAS (1822)
I have learned that I am a very social person when I am online, but in person I have been called a grouch. I don't go out much and it's not because I can't, I just choose not to. I find that more and more, people just annoy me. I get tired of listening to peoples mundane problems that they continue to repeat but never seem to do anything about. I just don't have very good inperson people skills. Am I the only person like this? Can someone tell me if I'm just being mean?
@ds6413 (2073)
Hello CRIVAS, i, like you am a people person online but not so much in person or real life.I am selective who I keep in touch with. I don't want to be angry or annoyed so I keep my circle small.
@CRIVAS (1822)
Thanks. Glad to know I'm not the only one,LOL.
@ds6413 (2073)
you're welcome.
I don't think there is huge problem with you. Everybody more or less has some problems with others. We are born with different personality, background and belief. Friction is unavoidable. I tend to be more talkable online than in face-to-face conversation. My colleagues criticized me to be introvert. Working is hard enough. And I don't want to talk to those with whom I don't feel like chatting on top of my hard work. As a result, my colleagues think I am not sociable. But I like chitchatting with my friends. Is it anything wrong to use different "masks" in different situation with different people?
@CRIVAS (1822)
Thanks for making me feel a little better. I guess what makes me so mad is that I shouldn't have to wear a mask, I should be able to be myself without having everyone judge me because I'm not what they think I should be.
I would have to say I am not a people person and I do not play well with others. I am kinda a recluse. I prefer to be at home with my computer and my family than with others. I really dont have many friends and the ones I do have I work with. I do not get together with any one out side of work other than my family. I would have to say that I am not a people person.
@CRIVAS (1822)
Well thanks, no I feel like I have a little more in common with people. Maybe I'm not a bad person after all.
@suzzy3 (8397)
I know what you mean that is why I tend to have a few chosen friends in real life,Some people do nothing but complain,one woman I see in the street,the last thing you ask her is hows life treating you and out it all comes again,another one of her boys is up in court,her husbands lost his job the baliffs are on their way again,it is the same conversation she has been having for the last twenty years or so,don't get me wrong if someone is really in trouble I will help them or listen to them.The friends I have do have problems and so do I but there is always an outcome to them and that is it,We move on and talk about other things and go to the pictures or something.People on here ask for advise and offer help,It is different as the online friends always talk about something interesting and informative discussions sharpen the mind thats what I find anyway.