Do you Twitch in Your Sleep?

@Shar19 (8236)
I know I move around in my sleep but I'm just moving from one side to the other. My husband however will lie on his back to sleep but every once in a while his leg or arm will twitch. Sometimes it scares the heck out of me because I'll be almost asleep and all of a sudden I feel his arm or leg twitch. Do you twitch in your sleep?
@messageme (2821)
I think I do. I know I will twitch a little right as I am falling asleep. My bf twitches a lot in his sleep. Especially right as he is falling asleep and it is not little twitches it is big jerks. I like to make fun of him and pretend I am twitching when I am really doing it on purpose. It's funny and he thinks so too.
@Shar19 (8236)
At least you can both laugh about it.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello Shar. I have the same case. I used to twitch for a few times. I was having a sound sleep when all of a sudden a twitch happened to me. It was so sore and painful with the bad twitch. I hate it when it happens, but luckily it has not happened to me for a long time. I think that it is something with my lack of calcium in the bone? I was told to stand up when this happens and it worked one time after I adopted this idea. Take care, friend.
@Shar19 (8236)
It can be pretty alarming sometimes when it wakes you up from sleep. I never heard about the lack of calcium theory though. I'll have to look into that.
@taface412 (3176)
I move a lot in my sleep which may be why I wake up in pain sometimes or I have a crick in my neck. I have tried to sleep on my back especially when I have lower back pain, but it's hard. SInce I was a baby (because I have seen all my baby pics while sleeping) I have to lie on my stomach in order to feel comfortable enough to sleep...after I toss and turn that is. But as for twitching while I sleep I am not sure about that. I have woke up a few times with my leg jerking like I was stepping off a cliff....now that is freaky.
@Shar19 (8236)
I also like to lie on my stomache or side to sleep.
me and my sis share a bed im 15 and shes 17 and she says that when i go to sleep i a big jerking movement throughout my body and after that its just a lot of twitches in my legs. i looked it up and apparently its called start sleep. its when your body gets so relaxed and your falling asleep and your brain misreads it as your about to fall so it sends signals to jerk your muscles to bring you upright. i've been woken up by them a few times. but thats what it is.
@underdogtoo (9599)
I don't twitch at all. I just sleep and it is a wonderful feeling. Cheers!!
I do and i know my boyfriend also does. it just happens and its quite funny. Did you know if you are thinking about running its more likely that your leg will twitch rather then your arm. its true. Try it out!
@missybear (11395)
As far as I know I don't twitch, but my honey moves, twitches, snores and talks in his sleep. Very annoying.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
when u sleep alone u don't know what u do. idon't move alot except fot my head i guess. my hair looks like i have gone up to seed every morn.
@manny025 (73)
only when im hot
I move my legs a lot. Other than that, I do not move much. My partner pretty much has me move and such when he does, so we can stay close, and also so I do not get stiff from being in one position all night.
I don't as far as I know but my boyfriend does when he is really tiered,but thats the only time. My last boyfriend he almost always twitched in his sleep.
@k1tten (2321)
My partner says I twitch in my sleep. I know for a fact there there are moments when I'm barely awake when I know I twitch. But my partner says I'll even look up after I've been alseep for a while. lol Like I'm confused or something.
I didn't know I twitched but according to my partner I do. She says she watches me do it sometimes when she is up and I'm still in bed. I had no idea. I knew I moved around a lot because I'm a sleeper that is pretty restless and can't get comfortable, but twitching? Well that was new to me.
@Loverbear (4928)
I used to twitch in my sleep, along with moving around the bed. But since I got the dogs and cats there isn't room for me to move! My mini Dachshunds sleep by my shoulders, Murphy my older Siamese sleeps by my head, Ding Ding, my Maine Koon cat sleeps by my hips and Willy and Khuay sleep by my ankles. Talk about not being able to move!!! I do twitch on occasion, but that is usually due to my overworking during the day.
@lynnemg (4539)
My husband and I both do. As a matter of fact, most people do when they are fallling into a deep sleep. It is natural because the body is just completely relaxing at that point.