Did you live today as if there would be no tomorrow?

In the grand scheme of all things living is a special gift. Do you seize the day?
@savak03 (6681)
Not so much, although this would probably be a good idea. I agree that life is a gift and I should really try to do more with mine. I am going to have to give this some more thought. It is probably time for at least a few changes in my routine.
Keep those thoughts positive and don't cut out your internet.. LOL I love seeing you around my friend... :) That little mousy waving is a real attention getter... I like it... I love playing the Ricky Ricardo role also... I had so many favorite shows, I could watch this, that, or the other thing, now I really like writing on the internet... I can talk about this, that or the other thing...
@savak03 (6681)
Yes and I love your Ricky Ricardo imitation. And I am old enough to 'get it.' Glad you like my little attention getter. He annoys some folks.
Hahahaaha, I'll be your Ricky... Lucy any day... Now how do we esplainin it to the youngins? Unless they love Lucy they ain't gonna get it... Poor Loud and Proud where is she hiding? She could be a good Ethel...
@jambi462 (4598)
I know they usually say that you aren't guaranteed a tomorrow but I think that you are. I don't seize the day by acting like it's going to be my last instead I treat everyday like that. I'm positive that I'm going to wake up tomorrow and I know that we should all just try to have the funnest time we all can possibly have because we really don't know what's going to happen in the end I guess.
I like that :)
@wheel416 (1019)
I can relate that. I don't think I live today afraid that tomorrow will not come. Instead I think it's about appreciating today, and what ever it is that we're doing and this present moment. You are absolutely right that we can not plan ahead, because we do not know was going to happen in the future. I think, "plan for tomorrow but live in today" may be appropriate to this discussion.
So do I. I enjoy life after I have my coffee, of course! But, I am thankful for everyday that I wake up healthy and I try to squeeze as much out of every day as I possibly can. I am a firm believer that you make your own happiness. I love life, it's an adventure!
@dawnald (84147)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not nearly as much as I ought to!
Oh' I have a number for you... http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1870737.aspx You have to check this out...
@dawnald (84147)
• Shingle Springs, California
k I will
I'm trying to learn to experience the moment! I'm reading a really good book called "Full Catastrophe Living." This is a quote from it from Nadine Stair when she was 85. "Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day." So much of what we do we do reactively, automatically, thoughtlessly, mindlessly and we don't really experience it. The point is to learn to live not for the moment, but fully in the moment, whatever this moment is.
Yeppers, nice quote, I'll be back later to better respond...
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey GreatWhiteBuffalo! I have learned that secret many years ago! Carpe Diem! Yes I do! Seize the Day! I learned a very long time ago when my younger brother passed away at the age of 32 on his birthday that no one is guaranteed the next day! From that day on, 21 years ago I lived one day at a time! That day totally changed my life! I no longer make plans in advance! You just don't know what tomorrow will bring, or if you will have tomorrow!
Wow! Opal, I am sorry for your loss it sounds all to familiar, I had a bully cause me a lot of harm and his karma took him away on his birthday he supposedly was 30 and that would have been 14 or 15 years ago... As we live for the day, it is sad that others would take away our life of living.
@wheel416 (1019)
Hi there Gary, I'm definitely aware of just how precious life is and it can change in an instant. I try to live every day to the fullest, but sometimes I need a little reminder as to what's truly important in my life. Fortunately most times I'm aware enough to get that reminder pretty quickly so in general I tend to be able to enjoy life to the fullest. As for living as if there were no tomorrow. No I don't think I do that. I plan for tomorrow, but live in the moment. This moment, is all that really matters because we'll never get it back again. Thanks for the reminder! Happy Mylotting
Thank You for your discussions are very thought provoking also. Tips head and hat...
@stephcjh (32328)
I always try to live each day like there will be no tomorrow. I also try to plan for the future as well though.
It is a balancing act isn't it?
@missybear (11396)
I always try to make the most of my day. I live life to the fullest at least as much as I can. Having fun is part of my day.
I can see that you have everything going for you Missybear, just make sure the guy that cranks up the stereo full blast and leaves his stuff all around puts them all away where they belong... LOL I know he don't want a mad Missybear waking up to his messy uhmm? male minded party pranks. But that is his allure your attraction to him is that he is such a well such a messybear... LOL ;) You did marry a rugged bear with those strong caveman like attributes right? He swept you right off of your feet, and your days are always full of excitement as much as you can... And with just one look that special look he jumps, right into action what a good trainer you are... :)
@twinklee (895)
Hi, Ya i agree with you! We are selected by the almighty to give our best to the world. So what ever we do, we must be satisfied and we can't predict the future, so it is useless for worrying about what is going to happen tomorrow. So live today and live Every moment of your life is my policy. Every thing, creation, destruction, protection is in the hands of the GOD.. Give your best, leave the rest to him! Hope it helps. TAke care:)
These are very wise words... I'll take what ever care I can receive... Looking around for someone to share...
@nannacroc (4049)
Not really but I did make a New Years decision not to waste so much time this year. So far I have managed to do some embroidery, make a couple of bits and peices for the nursery where I work and knit a hat for my daughter. I've also started a jumper for myself. I've sorted all my cupboards so I'm pleased with myself so far. It may not be exciting but it's making me feel useful and stopping me wasting time watching tv and playing games on the computeer so I think it's positive enough.
Yes, being productive is good for the self esteem or ego, good for you...