Have you ever been considered a cheap skate when it comes to spending money?

@apples99 (6564)
Well most of us try to be frugal about spending our money, espcailly in this financial crunch that were living in, but theres a fine line between being frugal and being just plain cheap, lol I think I'm just a little frugal in my spending, but I dont think I'm a cheap skate, but I have had my cheap skate moments lol, but for the most part I think I'm just being frugal, how about you have you ever been considered a cheap skate or are you just a person who likes to spend frugally?
@JanMags (726)
i was a 100% certified cheapskate until i met my husband who taught me that it's all right to spend for high quality meals and items. sometimes though, the shadow of my former self keeps on popping out. i can't help it. i get worried when money rushes out faster than it should. i want to keep on saving to help ensure a good future for my family
@apples99 (6564)
Well definatlly understand how you feel when it comes to spending money but Iv learned that its ok to splurge sometimes too.
@camomom (7536)
I don't know how I would be considered because I spend money based on how much money I have. I don't have any so I don't spend any, unless I have to.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya apples99 I think you are very right when you say that there is a very thin line between being frugle and a cheap skate that's for sure and I think people have their own opinions on the difference too. My husband used to say that I was a miser but then he wasn't the one responsible for trying to make ends meet, pay the bills and keep food in the cupboards!! Hopefully it will soon be on paper that he is my ex!!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I've never been cheap or really very frugal either. But I am very careful how I spend and on what and that saves me a lot of money.
@rosdimy (3936)
I have never been told that I am a cheap skate when it comes to spending money. Maybe other people talk about it behind my back but if thwy do it does not bother me. Whenever I have extra money I do not mind buying a more expensive item. Quality items usually last longer. In the long run it is cheaper to buy one quality item which can last five years compared to a cheap item which lasts three months. At home I have both cheap and relatively expensive items. To me living frugally means trying to be smart in shopping, so that in the long run I will not actually be spending more money. all the best, rosdimy