On basis of what the top discussions are chossen here?

@vipinl (802)
On the home page under the todays top discussions.. i allways see dissciosions with less no. above the discussions with a high number of responses. Here what are the basis of rating discussions as today's top and all.
@angelia286 (2029)
Well from my understanding, top discussions are those with high number of discussions and ratings. So, if let's say 2 discussions with ratings of 0 are placed together, but discussion A has 12 responses, and discussion B has 10 response, discussion A will get a higher ranking than discussion B. However, ratings will come into place besides the number of responses a discussion get to get the final ranking in top discussions. Of course, this is just from my own understanding and in no way should this be constituted as facts. Hopefully I have helped to clear up any confusion you might have over this! Take care and happy mylotting!!
@vipinl (802)
I feel its based on how fast one's discussion gets responses, rather than ratings. But also on basis of ratings is also a possibility... its really hard to get anything about mylot.. its relly like a freak site...lolzz
Haha That is the beauty of Mylot. i must say that the admins of Mylot are a smart bunch who knows their marketing strategy well! We might catch hold of how they pay or rate or group a discussion, but in the end, we are proved wrong when something else cropped up. And in the end, everything about Mylot is still a mystery though it had been in existence for such a long time! Well, of course you are entitled to your own opinions! Take care!
@ElicBxn (60834)
I have no idea. I have honestly never worried too much about what is top and what is hot. I actually have no idea how mylot figures anything out. I'm beginning to suspect they don't either....
@vipinl (802)
They don't either? then who does..lol
@ElicBxn (60834)
Well, maybe they do, but I sure haven't figured it out.
@eshaan (6193)
top discussions are mostly based on the most discussed topics, if the responses are more but they are got slowly, then they may not be called top, if the responses are within quick time,,,it may be considered top....i just think like that......what is fact i really don't know..lets wait for responses here..
@vipinl (802)
Yes no one can figure out clearly how system here works...lol. But it has to be like you mentioned the discussion that get quick responses they add it to the top. happy myloting
@buzzmaker (631)
I think it could be a total number of posts received in a specific period of time. Of course not a single day. In that case it would be listed as Todays Top. Thanks
@vipinl (802)
yes buzzmaker its not based on no. of responses but i think how quickly one get those responses. happy myloting
@kun2349 (23475)
I'm not too sure about that because i dun start discussions often.. ANd even if i start, none of my discussions has been up there before.. lol =D BUt i think the post above me should be right.. By having alot of responses to it in a short period of time will be able to push one's post into that section ^_^ So i guess alot depends on our frenz in mylot too, whom respond to it and pshing it all the way there ^_^
@vipinl (802)
Lol.. not a single discussion of mine has been there at any time.. not the friends, i think you have to respond to lot of discussions here, to get responses.happy myloting
@regal_aeros (2606)
Well, if i'm not wrong, those top discussions are discussions that have the fastest number of response in a span of time. i do see that they often change and sometimes my own discussions get in with only 8 responses or so.
@vipinl (802)
Yes i also think its based on what you suggested, the count the top discussions based on how quickly it get responses. happy myloting
@Opal26 (17691)
Hi vipinil! I have no idea how the top discussions are chosen and by whom they are chosen! I have never been able to figure out how the pick them! I have had about 3 or 4 of mine on the digest in the seven months that I am here! I know that alot of my friends discussions are always picked all the time! I feel honored when one of my discussions makes the digest! I don't know about anyone else! Since I very rarely even start a discussion it really means alot to me! I know that they pick one from each of the different categories each day. They are usually from the main categories it seems, but there are some days that they really differ so there is no way to figure it out! Keep trying you just might find one of yours there some day!
i think its based on amount of replies and how fast they come in.. if they start coming in fast and constant then it usually makes it to the top
@May2k8 (3686)
To get all discussion can be respond at any time.