WTF? Is mylot chaning how they do inactive accounts now??

going through peoples profiles i would find people that hadnt signed in for a year nad now i checked and got this message on a friend of mines.. "This account has been set to inactive." this friend couldnt have been more than 4 months since i have found a friend on my list right next to him that was 4 months inactive so what the heck? is mylot actually doing something on inactive accounts or is this code word for the person being in trouble and his account being freezed??
@jillhill (37383)
hey! I'll have to check that out. Once in a while I go through and weed out the inactive accounts...so I don't have so many on my friends list.
i had a ton of them
@jillhill (37383)
I check on a few of mine...the only ones that said that were the ones that had been banned from mylot....
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
Unfortunately I cannot answer this question. On my friends list I have friends that have not logged on mylot for quite a few months but their account has not been suspended. (c) ronaldinu 2009 - the more people I meet-the more I love my dog
so have some of mine so i am pretty sure this means they either deleted their accounts or got into some trouble some where
@ahgong (10066)
Hmm... I never really got such messages before. I have yet to see any of the inactive accounts in my list being flagged the way you mentioned.
i think i found 5 that i deleted that were that way.. some of the names were popular ones so im guessing maybe they had been trolls or got into trouble some how and finally got caught
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Moonlit i was wondering about that too and after reading from some here now i understand it more of why this is done..
its good mylot is cleaning house but i wish it would say account deleted or frozen etc so every one wouldnt wonder like i did lol..
@myklj999 (18412)
People who's accounts are banned or have closed their accounts are now set to inactive. All of their discussions and responses are still in the system, but you can't access them from the profiles anymore.
awesome thanks for answering!! do you think they will eventually delete them or just always have them showing up like that?!?! i mean if mylot ever gets huge they may need those user names again.. but then again i guess they cant recycle the user names if they leave the activity (replies and discussions behind) hmm..
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't know, but I think thats a good thing. If people aren't here for more than 3 months they loose their money, maybe this is a way to notify their friends so they can easily be removed off of their lists w/o having to search for the "last time logged in"
yeah i agree.. well looks like below they just answered it saying that they were either locked or closed their accounts etc.. that makes sense..
@bombshell (11266)
thats strange in mylot lately.
@riyasam (16578)
maybe the account has been freezed.i was inactive in mylot for about 8-9 months and my account wasnt freezed.