A. J. Langer has Fibromyalgia

http://www.mscl.com/newsarchive/238_AJ_Langer_on_the_cover_of_Fibromyalgia_Aware.html this is the FIRST celebrity i have heard that came out and said that they have fibromyalgia! its nice to see some one famous speaking out! if you dont know who A.J. Langer is she played rayanne on My So Called Life.. she has done a little since then but i cant remember what.. anyways do you know of any other celebrities that have come out and said they have fibro? are you glad to see it when they do?
@mentalward (14695)
Maybe now the medical professional will start taking fibromyalgia more seriously! Well, not so much the medical profession as those #$%^&*(@$%!! bureaucrats at Social Security! They've told me I could work and support myself for the last 7 years! Never mind what 3 doctors had written!!! I applied for Social Security Disability in 2002. It has been almost 7 years now and I STILL don't get it. But, at least I now know where I have to go for help... my congressman! I'm formulating a letter now to send him, with all of the horrid details of my case and why it went on and on with denial after denial. Hopefully, I'll get disability now that fibromyalgia is finally becoming more recognized as a real, physical thing and not just something that's just in our minds! With celebrities having it, more people will learn about it and there should be some positive ramifications from all the recognition. Let's hope so, huh? I don't know of any other celebrities who have it, though. I don't pay much attention to those things and only hear about them by accident.
i have my court date at the end of the month and im terrified!! im glad we have gotten this much publicity and i have read where they were working to make laws to where fibro HAS to be recognized as real when it comes to disability but i dont know when that will take affect.. hopefully it already has
@mentalward (14695)
Oh, moon, I certainly hope it already has! I'm glad to hear that your 'day in court' is coming up. I know it's a scary thing... I've already been through that myself once and was denied. But, that was 1 1/2 years ago and I had a gawd awful lawyer (Binder & Binder). I'm writing a letter to my congressman now (finishing it up as soon as I post this comment) about my 7-year ordeal with Social Security. I hope this fella has a heart and soul and can understand why I honestly despise our government now! Hopefully, I'll have ANOTHER day in court in the not-too-distant future. So, here's hoping we both get VERY positive results! Oh, just before your court date, check the internet to see where those laws are regarding fibro as a true and REAL disability. If the law has passed, make sure the judge sees a copy of that and knows that you are aware that it IS a law! They'll do anything to keep you from the money you deserve! Social Security... yeah, right. It's job security for the employees of Social Security and definitely NOT very social!