Anyone visited the MV Doulos at Cebu?

I went there today and was a bit surprised that about 50% of the books revolve round religion. I was hoping to pickup some computer and photography book. Has anyone found any good books on board?
@jpso138 (7868)
I also went there about 3 days ago. I was hoping to get myself some books about computers or internet but what I noticed was the same as what you have noticed. Most of the books are about religion, and there were also a lot of childrens book. It was actually my five year old son who enjoyed as well as my wife since there were also a lot of cookbooks. But somehow, I have not bought something for myself since what I wanted was different. But it was a pleasant trip anyway.
@aisaellis22 (6449)
Hello mattwilkie! I never heard anything about that MV Doulos. I do love reading books. What is that MV Doulos all about? Is it a bookstore?
Its a floating bookshop that has arrived at Pier 2 Cebu. Its P10 to go aboard and take a look. I found most of the books are childrens,religion,cooking,dieting,home decorating and there is a selection of CDs to buy. There is more information at my blog http://www.tropicalpenpals.com/blog/?p=434 If your in Cebu worth a visit for an hour also has a small area for doughnuts and coffee
it's amazing actually..I saw the picture of MV doulos on your blog and I find it quiet interesting to know that there is a floating bookshop..sounds new to me actually..I hope the ship would drop by in davao too... I read further in your blog and I found it interesting. I would read it some other time especially the fil - american relationship. Good job.
Its worth a visit if your not far or on route to somewhere else. There is only enough to last about an hour. Thanks for the feedback on my blog.. Im adding things as I find them was hoping to view more of the Philippines but at the moment weather isnt great as you no doubt know.. But I live here so soon enough more information will be added :)
Hi, I bought some books at mv Doulos sometimes 1987 and 1989 when Mv doulos when to Zamboanga City, I even bought puzzle book and they have variety. Yes they have so many Christian books as the crews are Christians. Most of them are missionaries. I remembered the second time they came to Zamboanga City, a lot of the crews became victims of bombing which occured at the Port while some crews were evangelizing.Too bad. Mv Doulos was also here in Manila 4 years ago, too bad I've missed it.
@manunulat (605)
It's in Cebu? I hope they're gonna be in La Union too. I love the MV Doulos. My friends and my mom loved the books and some items they sell. I like the ice cream too. I have some schoolmates who joined the crew way-back. Surely there lots of picture books there. I like some collections including the cassette tapes, CD's and you're right, the books mostly are about religion.