Late Start for My Work Day ~ Hopefully it won't become consistent!

As the clients I have seen are slowly removed from one program to another I am finding lately that I have a few more moments of down time. Today is Thursday and the client I once had in this time slot was taken off services because her health is improving and the services I provide are no longer needed at this time. This is great for her! I am delighted that she is doing better. For me it means less time in my work schedule. There are others in my workplace who are also feeling the effect of less time. Although I am grateful for having a little more time for myself, I worry that this pattern will only increase due to the weakened economy. Yesterday at a staff meeting we were told that everyone in our employ will be effected by this economy. Even our department may face the fact that we will have to scale back. This worries me immensely. Even health care workers face the danger of losing their jobs. ~sigh~
@jillhill (37384)
Yikes....that is one thing they shouldn't cut back on...health care workers! My sister is a nurse. She retired a year or so ago and now works for three different places as a fill in...right now she is worried because she isn't getting very many hours either....the full time are not taking time off as they did before...I suppose due to the economy as well. Hopefully things will start turning around now that a new president is taking over and hopefully faith restored for Americans.
@cripfemme (7718)
I'm glad your client is doing better and know you are to. Perhaps you could be assigned to someone who have permanent needs (like me). That way your income would be assured.
@winterose (39921)
It gets pretty drastic when even health care workers have to scale back, because people always get sick, you would think that job would be most in demand especially at times like this. I certainly hope you don't lose too many hours.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I would bet they are weeding out the ones that are better off than others. It is a shame. I am afraid they will take the little help that I get for my son.
@Polly1 (12649)
Lets hope with ou new President coming in office will help things some. Nothing is going to change overnight, I know that. But if consumer confidence goes up, people will start spending money, things will get better all around. Gas came down, it went back up a little. If gas stays down and deisal comes down more, that will help. We have some tough times right now, we as a country have been thru worse.We will bounce back and things will improve. We just have to hold on tight. I hope you don't loose too many hours of work, but then if that happens, you know how to manage with less.
@stephcjh (32328)
I hope your work day will turn out well for you. I know the economy is such a mess right now. It is hurting alot of people.
@writersedge (22579)
I hope that you don't loose your job. Many places are changing positions to part-time because they don't want to loose the people entirely so that they will be available to them when the economy gets better. This is a difficult year for many, to be sure. I'm still figuring out my angles and trying to make this year better than last. Take care.
@chriswolf (360)
Good for you. You know what, all works and no play make Jack a dull boy. You'd better take some time to get relaxed. Good luck.
@baileycows (3669)
Well I would not worry. All this economy stuff is a distraction for something they are fixing to do. A major catastrophic event of some sort. Just go with the flow no use in worrying.
@MsTickle (24962)
Aww Elusive I think it will get much worse before it gets better but I firmly believe it WILL get better, this must certainly be a worrying time for you. It's something that is happening world wide, I believe. Every few days there is a news item about thousands of jobs being cut. I hope things improve for you soon.