Are You Going to Watch Bush's Farewell Speech?

@anniepa (27245)
George W. Bush is going to give his farewell speech in a few minutes and I was wondering if all my fellow Americans are planning on watching him. Will he finally show some humility or will he still be his same old cowboy self? Post now before the speech or post afterwards and tell us what you thought - or both if you'd like! Annie
@ZephyrSun (7385)
Well so far it seems like the same old speeches we have heard for the past 8 years. I say farewell President Bush, may he take the bad economy with him lol
@dfollin (12891)
Take the bad economy with him,lol good one!
@anniepa (27245)
Well, he BROUGHT it so he should take it back when he goes! Annie
@dfollin (12891)
lol, He did bing it to us!So he can take it back.Huh?
@spalladino (17924)
I'm not watching...I hate farewell speeches, whether I like the person or not. Besides, he's up against a rerun of House that I've seen at least 20 times. I mighta missed something important before. Let me know how the speech went.
@dfollin (12891)
Ha! Ha!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I'll have to read about it - I didn't know about it until just before and I have no plans to listen to his voice ever again if I can avoid it. Can't stand listening to him. But, I'll read about him and what he said and how he said it. I'd rather he just slinked quietly away like the slug that he is.
@anniepa (27245)
You didn't miss anything other than him telling us about all his accomplishments (no, I'm NOT kidding!) and how proud he was of his Administration and his Presidency. Did I say something about humility earlier...lol? Annie
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Well, like my mother used to tell me when I was a no-it-all teenager, he'd better stop patting himself on the back so much or he'll be pulling his arms from the sockets! But, I guess he had to - even his own party wouldn't. Ah Georgie-boy - delusional to the end.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Damn - I must be tired. KNOW-it-all teenager. Good grief.
I know that I will be watching it. I in a way hate to see him ago, I may be the only American saying this, not that he hasn't screwed up or anything, because he has in so many ways. But I'll be happy on welcoming a new President. I guess I will have to post as well after watching and say what I think. I don't know what to think on how his speech will be until after I see it. Maybe a tiny ounce of me will think that he will have some humility.
Oh ok, wow, I just saw that it was on now.
And I just missed it, caught it at the end. So I don't know how it went.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
It was over so fast and you didn't really miss much..now CSI is on and i can watch tv..lol..
Well if the airplane crash does not upstage him and get actually gets on I may flip back and forth and watch some of it. Depends...if I find a rerun of "House" on it will win.
No real impressed. He basically blamed 9/11 for not getting somethigs done. He said he was too busy trying to keep it from happening again and staying on top of our national security to work on things he wanted to. People that like him ok may give him the benefit of the doubt on that one. People that hate him will not cut him some slack for any reason. So I really do not see this speech doing much for him as far as popularity.
@anniepa (27245)
I wasn't impressed either. I'll bet that surprises you, huh...lol? He's been hung up on 9/11 for eight years now. I'm not saying it wasn't a very significant and horrible even that changed the world but you know what I mean, it's defined him totally and everything else was more or less forgotten and we're supposed to accept and forgive everything because we weren't attacked again. Annie
I do not think he wanted people to accept or forgive....just understand. For all we know there were so many terrorist already in this country that it kept him and the governmnet very busy. Who knows.MOst of that info is proble classified and not open to public record so it will be years before we actually know if it really took up so much of his time or was just an excuse.
@Bd200789 (2994)
I watched it. He was the same as always. I can't believe he actually believes what he said.
@anniepa (27245)
I know, I can't either. I just love his knack for "understating" things as in the fact no WMD's were found was a "disappointment"! I think it was a little more than a disappointment to the families of those who gave their lives in Iraq. Annie
@stephcjh (32327)
I do not plan to watch it. I have heard enough of what he has had to say for eight years now. I will be glad when he is outta there.
@anniepa (27245)
We should have a "virtual party" on Tuesday to celebrate the end of ournational nightmare! Annie
@iriscot (1290)
Nope, I didn't watch it, I put a DVD in the player and my wife and I watched a movie while she baked some cookies.
@anniepa (27245)
Wow, sounds kind of anti-American to me...lol! I've been singing a song I'm making up called "Bye Bye George" to the tune of the Everly Brothers' "Bye Bye Love"! Annie
In a word "nope", in 2 words "no way." I am anxious for the new administration to take office.
@anniepa (27245)
Five more days...FIVE MORE DAYS!!! Annie
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
I'm in Canada but I plan to watch it when it comes on later. I will be glad when it's all over, bet you all feel the same way as well. I think it's time for a change and we need one too.
@anniepa (27245)
Dittos here! Annie
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Heck No..I'd rather he just quietly left and stayed away from the Tv..shoot now i have to stay on here...lol..
@anniepa (27245)
He hasn't seemed to be able to stay OFF the TV these past few weeks, has he? Annie
@skinnychick (6907)
I think he showed some humility and a little cowboy. He wouldn't be W if he didn't show a little of that. I honestly have to say that while I'm not a big fan of Bush- it was a good speech and I don't think his approval rating should be as low as it is. Nixon and Carter were much worse than him by far. As he said, we haven't been attacked here again, he has improved medicare, and improved veteran's benefits as they do deserve it. Bush is being blamed for everything and honestly if I look closer at it, the blame at least part of it- should go to the democratic house. I'm not going to sit here and bash democrat's- (you know me better Annie :) but Pelosi and her house aren't being blamed for anything when they played a big part in this whole financial decline with this mortgage crap. When are Barney Frank/Freddie Mac going to be held accountable for something? Bush should have stopped that insanity and didn't- that's what he did wrong among a few other things but to sit and beat on him relentlessly isn't fair especially when it comes to the highest office in our nation. There hasn't been any president really that hasn't done something wrong but Bush has definitely been most beat up on. I almost feel sorry for the guy- no matter what- the President should be respected. But at least, on Good Morning America the other day Pelosi did say that these bailout's and any misspending are on Obama. That is after she was done pointing the finger at Bush. Already, it's sad to say, that some of these corporations are already asking for more money so the money may already be mismanaged even though the house said they were going to keep tabs on it to make sure it was being used properly to get the economy going again. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens but one has to wonder when we can't blame Bush anymore who the public will blame. It's good to see you- I have missed your discussions. I look forward to some more.
@katsmeow1213 (29043)
I didn't realize it was going to be on. I went into the living room at 8pm to watch My Name Is Earl on NBC and instead the president was on. Ugh! I hate when they interrupt TV for the presidential speaches, lol. I changed the channel and watched some reruns of Friends instead. I'm not big on politics. My husband listens to new radio, so I get all the information I need from him.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey annie! No! No! No! I don't care what he has to say! I didn't watch him when he was in office and I don't want to hear him on his way out! I just want him to go! I was watching the news for a minute tonight with my boyfriend and he came on and I got up to leave the room immediately and my bf asked me what I was doing and didn't I want to hear Bush! I said No! I continued walking out of the room! Did he say Good-Bye?
@cripfemme (7714)
No, I didn't. I didn't know it was even on, not that I would've watched it anyway. After the day I've had had, the last thing I need is Bush on my TV!
@dfollin (12891)
We are on the east coast and it is on now and I am watching it.
@jenrl17 (420)
I highly doubt it. Wouldnt want to waste my time listening to more of his b.s. lol.
@suspenseful (40316)
I am in Canada, so we watched CSI since it was Grissom's last day. As for speeches since you are a Bush hater and probably had been since his inauguration, (with you, he did not have a chance even if he would have been like Reagan) I am not going to give you the satisfaction by watching and saying that he was humble and apologized so you can gloat. However I am going to watch what Obama does. But I am not going to gloat if he raises the taxes and if America has not entered the period of peace and prosperity you thought it would have. Oh and unlike you, I do not rant.
@anniepa (27245)
I don't know how you could think you know how I've felt about Bush since his inauguration but the truth is I didn't vote for him and I felt the 2000 election was a farce, however when he took office I figured I'd give him a chance. Right after 9/11 I actually supported him, the whole country did, and I agreed about going into Afghanistan after the ones who attacked us. My real dissatisfaction with him began when he got us into this immoral war in Iraq and lied to do so. It's been downhill ever since - there's been the economy, Katrina, wiretapping, firing of federal prosecutors, torture and the list goes on and on. You have every right to watch what Obama does as far as I'm concerned just try to stick to facts instead of the false allegations you have been making, saying he's for gay marriage when he isn't and other things like that that shouldn't even be political at all. Annie
@iriscot (1290)
I agree with you annie, why should Canadians be sticking their noses in our politics anyway? They probably have their own problems that they should be working on. Most people with any sense know that Bush stole the election in 2000 so he shouldn't even have been there to give a farewell speech. Amen!
@Aingealicia (1906)
Annie, I watched with the volume turned down. How can I speak about the man if I have no clue what he said. Only kidding, I just could not listen to his lies that spew so freely. I hope your gut is right on this new turning event in our lives and that Mr. Obama can and will change the mess that has now been placed upon his plate. My thoughts and prayers are not only with him but his family and supporters at this time. Ainge
ya i do want to watch bush farewell speech as he was one the man to whom i inspire so i wanted to see bush farewell speech as soon it comes but i don't know when it is going to be telecasted in tv