Is there some ways to stimulate writing?

France
I'm having more and more recollection and so I wonder if there's some way to stimulate them and write you know just more than 2 or 3 sentences...
@Pleiades (847)
Cannonball, first off, who is "them"? I'm missing something. But, if you're wanting someone to write more than just a few sentences, the answer is simple. Just have them try to describe something to you. I'm part of this group that does writing of stories back and forth. One man in particular only writes me one shot wonders and it irks me sometimes. So, I tell him, "Give me more than just one sentence! Put some life, some colour...some feelings into what you're trying to tell me." Normally, that gets him fired up and he gives me a couple good storylines, but after the whole pep talk is over, he's back to his normal blah stuff. Can't win them all. Also, things are best written from a personal experience. You can't expect someone who has never raised a child to write to you about that marvelous deed, can you? I mean, if they're really talented, then they can pull it off. *Pleiades
• France
I mean my recollections, souvenirs, remembrances...
• France
Yup, That's exactly what I wanna write, pieces of me.
• France
The thing is that I'm getting a little obssessed by all details and stuffs and I just feel like I have to write very precisely to make it clear for myself and why not for the one who wanna read, see what I mean? So, when I start to see it's so hard to put words on everything, I'll quickly give up. Maybe, I should try some automatic writings something like that. What do you think of it?
@writersedge (22579)
I write things down, go back a few hours later, see if there is more to write. I talk to people and tell them something and they ask questions, that usually adds more to it. Pretend you're someone who knows nothing about it, what would you ask or want to know? Pick one thing and describe it more, etc. Take care
• France
Well, I should just start it and be a little bit more active. Following your advices
@writersedge (22579)
@bjcyrix (6857)
I think its the things that inspire us that stimulates writing. Our food intake could also be a factor and also our stress level. Our available time also influences how much we think/write. Anyway, I do know what you mean. There are just those times that all I wanna do is write or at least I think about a lot of things that are definitely worth writing for future reference. Then again, there are those times that I just dont know what to say more than a few words or some short sentences. Well, it just all comes down to our level of inspiration. We would be inspired enough to take action to our thoughts and there's that kind of inspiration that really brings out the best in us.
• France
Yup, Seems this demands a lot of different factors to feel and let this inspiration work the best way. Have a good weekend
@bjcyrix (6857)
Ill try, have things to do..sigh.. Well, you have a great weekend yourself.
• France
No problem, I'll enjoy it for you too then coz I have nothing to do
@winterose (39929)
I don't understand what you are talking about, you are having thoughts and you don't know how to put them down on paper? writing is talent, it takes practice, the best way is just to write what ever comes to your mind, let the creative juices flow, just write, write, write, the thoughts that come to your head, afterwards you can go back and edit it. Or you will need to take writing courses, they give you little exercises to do,
• France
Having a little hard time to put words on it and actually what I meant is how to stimulate the practice of writing you know.
@winterose (39929)
write everyday, that is the only way to do it, every day write something, I recently wrote a topic starting with every letter of the alphebet, so that is 26 articles right there.
• France
That's also a method I suppose.
@Lindery (854)
• Latvia
For a start write down main topics you want to write about, spend some time writing under each of the topics, and then try to put it all together. To start writing need a time, it's not so often it comes naturally. After a little practice you won't have to make sketches anymore.