My New Blog--You Can Help Supply Content!!

Hi everyone :) I just made a blog aimed at helping stray and abandoned animals all around the world. I'm going to have a section in it that is for Rescue stories--so if you would like to share any stories about how you rescued your animal pal I would love to use it in my blog!! And it doesn't have to be dogs--any animals that you've saved are welcome! :D Thanks!!!
@ElicBxn (60884)
Back on October 7th of 2005 I took my roomie out to see her mom who'd had knee surgery. I was standing next to her bed talking to her when the people from across the street came in with a tiny kitten. He didn't even have his eyes open yet. They said he & a sibling had been in their yard the night before, but thinking the mother would come and get them, they left them. In the morning, only he was left. They took him in, gave him some baby formula & apparently were considering calling us when we arrived. They had shown him to the roomie, but she knew that I, because I'm retired & home all the time, would be the one taking care of him had to decide. THAT was a no brainer. I took him & ran right off to the pet store for some KMR & a bottle. He's a black & white "jelical" cat & the neighbors asked us what we were going to name him. I said I didn't know yet, but on the way home I decided on Oliver, for Oliver Twist. We called them to tell them & they didn't get the reference!!! Oliver is a wonderfully sweet guy, very people oriented, he was taken under the wing of one of our other cats, Rygel at 4 weeks. He has grown to be a big beautiful boy and is a dear. He doesn’t know that he’s not “still the kitten” tho, and will barge right in on the other cats if he wants something. He has 2 knick names, "The Nose Cozy" and "The Eating Machine."
@ElicBxn (60884)
We don't know. There were 2 kittens the night before, there was one in thne morning - Oliver. No idea what happened to the other kitten. They have left them outside (because it wasn't that hot or cold) and hoped mom would come back...
Well, I hope that the mother took the other kitten because I would hate to think the poor kitten wandered off and got lost :(( But thanks to you Oliver is alive and healthy! :)
@ElicBxn (60884)
Could not have wandered far, it was only 7 days old. I hope the mom came too, because the other option is something killing and eating it....
I rescued a cat when I was living in France - his owner was abusive, so I got him out of there and adopted him. He now lives with my mother (since our other cat, who we already had, hates him!) and has a lovely life. His story is here, feel free to reproduce/link it (you're very welcome to copy/paste it if you like - freebies for a good cause!!): www.associatedcontent.com/article/1299408/memoirs_of_a_rescue_cat.html
Thank you very much for the link! :D It's great that you rescued a cat from an abusive home!!! Sounds like something I would do for any animal lol.
@mcat19 (1358)
Our beautiful champaign tabby was abandoned at a vet's office in Atlanta, Georgia, by some heartless semi-humans. She remained in a cage for 7 months because no one wanted her. The vet couldn't keep her any longer and was about to put her down. Through the same bulletin board, I heard about her and couldn't leave her to her fate. My vet told me she was probably abandoned for peeing problems, but she couldn't stay there. A friend from the board flew with her to Virginia where she now lives. I kept her name, Peaches, because she answers to it, and she is our own Georgia Peach. Yes, she does have peeing issues; she won't be held; but she has made great progress. We are now allowed to talk to her and to pet her. She is a beautiful girl with huge amber eyes.
That is so sad! :( I just don't understand people! But it's really good your rescued her, and are being patient while she progresses! :D Thank you for sharing; I'll be working on my blog more when I get a day off! :P Then when it's a little more complete I'll share the link
@mcat19 (1358)
Our little calico was thrown into a dumpster by some horrible excuse for a human. A member of a bulletin board I participate in posted about her. She was in Ohio. I fell in love with her funny little face. Transportation was arranged through members of this board, and we picked up Paisley in Pennsylvania. She is quite a character, a purr factory who refuses to be held.
I can't understand how people can abandon animals like that! :( It's so sad! But It's good to know little Pasiley (love the name) has a good home now! :D Thanks for sharing!! Once I get my blog going good I'll be adding a link for everyone to follow.
@sammy009 (259)
HI Good luck with your blog. I have rescued 2 cats, One showed up around my house, took it in, and she never left, I named her buttons, she is calico, and has a spot on her face, thought good name for her buttons. My other cat i rescued is Tigger, she is striped, Found tigger along side a road, almost starved, wraped her up in my coat and brought her home, got her back to health, she is doing great now, I have her for 4 years, and she never once wanted to go outside. It is so horrible to see these stray animal out there, also to see ones that had a home and they leave them off. I live on the outside of a town and people are good for leaving animals off where i live. I always try to help the poor animals out. Who else do they really have but us to help them.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Hobo was a great cat!! He was a neighborhood stray. I started by feeding him once a week or so, then gradually more often. He also started out sitting 2 yards away from me, gradually moving closer as I talked to him. I called him Hobo, the people down the street called him "Handsome Stranger." When I realized he was injured I had a friend that said if I would take him in, she'd pay for his medical bills. It turned out he had FIV. The vet said, “Since he’s a stray and has FIV I’ll put him to sleep.” I said: “He may be a stray, but he’s MY stray!!!!” He had him fixed, but couldn’t fix his injury then. He had a great gapping wound on the side of his neck that we had to wait 5 months before he was fattened up enough to stretch the skin to stitch him up. Took 33 stitchs, pulled his ear to the side & he had paralisis on that side of his face. He had also lost his fangs at some point so I didn't have any worries about him giving it to the other cats. He was UGLY, so ugly he was cute, & very, very sweet. Amazing for a stray tom that I knew nothing about.