What quote do you feel best descibes today for you?

@DCMerkle (1281)
Today is the greatest and most historical day that any American or any person in the World will ever see. It is a day when all positive thoughts, hopes and well wishes center on one man in Washington, D.C.. Barack Obama becomes President of the United States. What I'm seeing though is a lot of people that just seem to want to cast a pall over today. They would be the sore losers, the naysayers, the negative mongers. For whatever reason that they want to do their dance of doom and gloom, let them. I have a better way of expressing my feelings on this day and I want to invite everyone that feels that today is for hope and change. I want everyone that feels that President Obama and his family deserve well wishes, congratualtions, prayers, positive energy, whatever you see fit to keep this day on a positve note. Here's mine to start To the dignity that President Obama brings back to our country: -The only kind of dignity that is genuine is the kind that is not diminished by the indifference of others. (Dag Hammarskjold) To the freedom that President Obama recognizes: -Those that deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln) To what Obama has heard from the Americans and America. -We must stop talking about the American dream and start listening to the dreams of the Americans (Ruebin Askew) I personally wish for President Obama and his family, the strength to endure, the joy to experience, the courage to face, and the knowledge to know that we believe in the same hopes, values, and dreams that he has. DCMerkle
@flowerchilde (12518)
I think it is hard for some to let go of the past eight years of ridicule dished out by the media, etc.. The negative mongers, naysayers and haters so endlessly vocal and slanted with an eye constantly on the next vote rather than unbiased news reporting.
@DCMerkle (1281)
flowerchilde, I agree. It's going to be a slippery slope for Obama for the first 100 days. So, your wish would be......? DCMerkle
...my wish... smaller government.. no more greed in the human heart.. You did say wish! But realistically thinking.. smaller government and the right and the left to listen to one another's concerns instead of assuming 'evil' motives or ignorance to the other's concerns. Although I do think we could be headed in some definitely wrong directions if we're not careful, making government way too huge and in control of way too many things and way too much money. After all efficiency, quickness and lack of corruption isn't what comes to mind when I think of government.. Actually balance of powers is the only thing that keeps things from going into the abyss!
@xfahctor (14131)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
"thou shalt not worship unto any graven image" ~ the old testiment
@DCMerkle (1281)
xfahctor, Absolutely! I do not see Obama as a god, just my President, pure and simple. DCMerkle
I respect and have liked all our presidents even the one's not of my own party or leanings.. And I would wish all would feel this way especially our own media.. unfortunately demonizing the other (party) is what is seen to get votes..
Walk softly and carry a big stick - President Theodore Roosevelt.
@DCMerkle (1281)
lilwonders, I have to agree with you there. I just hope that he doesn't have to use that stick. DCMerkle
@goldeneagle (6775)
I feel that the best words I can think of for this occasion come from a country music song called "The American Dream" by Hank Williams Jr. Those words are..."Around and around we go, where we stop, who knows."
@DCMerkle (1281)
goldeneagle, I would hope that this time around we stop and know where we are going. DCMerkle