Have you ever noticed

@ersmommy1 (12600)
when you are driving along how many police cars are out. Some days not one can be seen. And other days they are out full force. I had an appointment today. On the way home I counted 7 police vehicles. In just a 15 minute ride 7. Now most days it seems when you want/need one you don't seem to see them.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Why is it when someone is driving dangerously or speeding there is never a police car around to witness them, that annoys me, they could cause an accident but the police are no where in sight. Driving whilst on the mobile phone is illegal in the UK however I see so many drivers breaking the law, but they know the chances of getting caught are extremely slim. I think they are like buses you either get none or they all come along together.
I would prefer the police to pull over people for doing things which are dangerous. However, I think they often pull people over for things which they can write tickets for easily and (of course) get money for their department.
@lilybug (21148)
Where I live I hardly ever see police cars, but when I lived in the city I saw them all the time. Most of the time they were just driving. They did not have anyone pulled over most of the time.
You have a strong point there ersmommy1. I noticed this too many times. I always ask myself where are the polices? when something happen, like someone running the red light or a drunk driver run someone over and keep going. What in the world is going on here? Is some bad guys not suppose to get caught? or what? Like you said, if I needed one right away, the chances are I probably wouldn't be able to find one on time. Good topic.
I do agree with you on that, Whenever you need a law enforcement official none can be found, it´s infuriating at times. Maybe at the time you were out there was some emergency taking place and that´s the reason you saw to many.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I have seen that happen to. I have seen days when I never see any and then the other day, I counted 15 altogether lol I dont know why they do that but I guess they have their reasons...
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Yes, there are some days when we go to town that we don't even see one then other days it seems we see one every few cars. I guess it would probably be how many gets out and what time the shift change is and all or if it is a Friday or if any accidents that recently happened that day they would want more cops out to help keep people at bay.
@stephcjh (32327)
Amen to that. I have noticed this also. We have that problem here too. some days they are out doing their job and other days, they just seem not to care and take their sweet time responding to people.
That is so true! Seems like they are always out and in the way causing traffic problems when you want to get somewhere, but when you see El Stupido hitting 100 on the highway, they are no where in sight. In Cincinnati, you always see them out in full force the last and first weeks of the month. We say that its because they are trying to make their quota, and get some of that government money back that is given out in assistance checks. (you always see them in the urban neighborhoods in large numbers) Oh well, I don't know what else we can do about them besides complain.
As I was headed to work today, is saw two cop cars pulling people over right next to each other. I'm sure the police department is trying to increase revenue. This is the same region, after all, which allows cops to take evidence out of the evidence locker and use it for personal purposes. Hard to have faith in a police force like that.