How do you clean your throw pillows?

Do you throw them away? Do you have a certain way that you clean them? Do you put them in the washing machine? What are the best ways to clean the throw pillows?
@checapricorn (16076)
[i]Hi eaforeman, I used to wipe only a clean cloth to our pillows! I am thinking of throwing them in the machine but I am skeptical about it since I have tried in one and it was deformed and I don't like it! I do know what is the best really in cleaning throw pillows![/i]
I had one that got deformed from the washer too. Thats why I wondered what other options do we have.? I have a machine to clean the furniture and it has a small handle nozzle, maybe try that....
@jillhill (37358)
THat might work....to use your carpet cleaner for upholstery or a little green machine...I have a special attachment on mine....just ofr upholstery.
@jillhill (37358)
I usually just wash them in the washing machine. I try not to buy any that are too fussy....
I have to agree with you. I think some of them are pretty but too exspensive , unless they can really be cleaned, then I would not want to keep them.....
I will wash mine in my washing machine, this has been the best way for me. a couple times a year during the summer I will spray them down with febreze and let them sit out on the patio table in the sun to refresh them in between cleanings. I do this until they start to look ragged, so far the last ones still look ok, but they will last me about 3-4 yrs this way.
I would be fine with them lasting 3 or 4 years. I think that is grat and appreciate you sharing that information and appreciate your response.....Happy Mylotting!
@rocketj1 (6957)
We have a few satiny-type pillows on our bed that are for decoration only. These I would just wipe with a damp cloth if I needed to. We had some with our old couch that were used a lot and I would throw them in the washing machine and then the dryer. They eventually became faded and looked different than the couch. But that was about the time the couch was falling apart and we tossed all of it out!
I may have to use the damp cloth too. I want to keep these but do want them clean. I may use some febreeze on the damp cloth, just to frshen them up...Appreciate the response....
@_sketch_ (5713)
I just clean them with a damp cloth. i think that the washing machine would ruin them, even washing them by hand in water probably wouldn't be good either. I will just throw them away after a while though. they do start to get pretty nasty.
I have some really exspensive ones and they will need to be cleaned at some point. I have to decide about what to do. Appreciate the response.