Travel "on the wings of thought," what if you could just think about a place,

@writersedge (22579)
concentrate hard, and end up there. Where would you go? How long would you stay? Would you go every weekend, once a month, once a year? Have you ever been there before or is it some place new? A place from your childhood, or one you always wanted to go, but have never been? Would it only be one place or would you go to different places?
@ElicBxn (60762)
gosh, every weekend, and evenings and heck, you could live anywhere in the world and work someplace else! but boy would there be desease dangers
@writersedge (22579)
True, but there are now. People from all over the world stowe away on ships and in planes, dig tunnels, etc. and bring diseases in. It is kind of neat to think about all the places you could go and yes, be back in time for work (as long as you keep the time zones straight or your watch stays in your work zone and doesn't break or quit) Take care.
@suspenseful (40316)
I always wanted to go to New York City, and specially to the Empire State Building, that place where they met at Sleepless in Seattle, one of my favorite movies. I would stay long enough to do a little shopping, go to see the tourist attractions and maybe get a room in a hotel. After that, I want to go to Great Britain and get on one of the railway trips there. I want to go to Wales, then to Scotland, and then to Florida about the time when they are shoot CSI Miami. I also want to go to Italy, Spain, and Germany, but not to the Orient as I might have difficulties with the language. I think once a month would be fine. The reason is that I am in my sixties and I want to pack as much as I can in the forty years I have left. Therefore once a year would be too slow.
@writersedge (22579)
Wow! Sounds like you've given this a lot of thought. Bet you could do very, very well hopping around the world with just the wings of thought. Once a month would be quite a bit of traveling. Some parts of the orient, lots of people speak English. China trades and has people travel quite a bit from the USA now. So you never know. They actually learn English for a long time in their schools. I think once a month would get all your travels in. You might decide after the above travels to go even more palces. I would like to go to the countries you chose also. After teaching criminals from NYC for years, it's not my first choice of a place to go. My wings of thought travel would take me to Broadway for a show and then back again. I loved the Eiffel Tower in France. I like structures that are unusual. Take care.
@carolbee (16241)
Ok my mind is in the travel mode. I would love to return to Maui for a weekend. The beaches, the people and the whole atmosphere is just gorgeous. The water is amazing also. We were there about 12 years ago with our kids and would like to return with just my husband and enjoy the scenery. Our daughter just moved to New Mexico and we've never been there. Would like to visit sometime this Spring.
@writersedge (22579)
I'd love to go to Maui, or any other part of Hawaiian Islands for that matter. Not sure about New Mexico, it's a state I really haven't heard much about, but I would give it a shot!
A facility like this would get me hopping all over the world during every moment I could be free of work obligations. I'd love to travel this way for speed and I doubt that it would cost much, once it's been around a while. I almost never travel, for lack of time and money, so this would break down all the barriers. I'd be in Paris one day and Maui the next. Montreal and Vancouver would be great for long weekends, at least. Greece would be a great place for Spring Break. I could go on, but I'd end up naming every peaceful and safe place on the planet! What a great idea!
@writersedge (22579)
All wonderful ideas. If the wings of thought worked, I'd join you on some of those. Oh well, one can dream. Thanks and take care.
@pergammano (7755)
Nice thought! But I know it would be home (where I grew up)...the country! I made the trek in 2000...and just last summer, and there is a peace, a tranquility that comes over me, that I cannot seem to experience anywhere else, and I have travelled alot! HOME is where this heart is!
@writersedge (22579)
I felt the same way when I was at college and afterward when I lived in our local small city suburb in a trailor park. So Now I have almost 10 acres of land, a farmhouse that constantly needs fixing, a cat, a husband, etc. I reclaimed part of an old garden last year by the end of the year and can't wait to plant it. I have lots of woods. Good that you were able to go back.
@PearlGrace (3172)
Gosh, I think there would be several places I would go. I'd go to St. Louis to see my sister and my niece and her family at least once a month and stay a weekend. My husband and I would go to Vegas every 3 months for 4 or 5 days (we go there about once a year and love it). I think there would be alot of countries around the world that I would visit for a week or so, especially those I haven't been to. I'd go to every country in Europe, that's for sure. I think I'd love to see Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, too. I'd love to see Australia. Heck, I could just go on and on. There would even be quite a few places in the US that I haven't been to. I've wanted to go to Sausalito, CA and Hollywood. I'd love to see Seattle, and also Martha's Vineyard. Great discussion.
@writersedge (22579)
This topic does make you think, imagine, and dream doesn't it? I'd love to go to all those countries, too. Don't know about going to St. Louis, but then I don't have a sister at all. Thanks and take care