Its tooo cute!!!

@ElicBxn (60884)
I have said, and I do mean it, that I don't like monkeys and apes. I would say I dislike apes more than monkeys. But there is a primate I do like, lemers. And this is an artical about about the cutest one I've ever seen! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1126126/Pictured-The-incredibly-rare-baby-lemur-clutching-teddy-mother.html So, what do you think of this baby? Isn't she just too cute!
Hi ElicBxn, I love all animals, monkeys and apes too, I don't find anything wrong about them but its some humans that I don't like when hey kill for the sake of killung and for vanity. Tamara
@ElicBxn (60884)
I think they fuction well in the wild, but they really aren't nice animals. I also don't care for killing for the sake of killing or for vanity, but I just don't care for apes and monkeys. I didn't say I'm exactly in love with the human ape either.
Hi lamb101, That was what I was trying to get across. Thanks. Tamara.
@pyewacket (44036)
Awww--those photos really are cute, and it's cute that she has "adopted" that teddy bear to cling to like it was her mother.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Isn't t hat cute, I think she's a little lover!
@deebomb (15323)
Monkeys and apes are alright in the wild or their native habitat. I just don't seeing the ones in zoos. They are disgusting. But the picture in the article is really so homely the it has to be cute. I hope that she survives. She sure is tiny. it's a wonder that they survive at all in the wild.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Yeah, lemers are a very primitive primate, pushed out of the rest of the world by more agressive monkeys and apes. And they are nocturnal, cute with those big eyes.
@bombshell (11266)
cool ...just like my neighbpr in my country Philippines the mother and father are filipino┬┤s but the eyes of the kids are blue.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I had a co-worker who was hispanic with the most beautiful, intense blue eyes I've ever seen. The blue eyes in her case may have been linked to her deafness tho.
@bombshell (11266)
yeah right Elic she has blue eyes and deaf but her 2 brothers has blue eyes but not deaf.but the girl has blue eyes and deaf is now manager in a american hotel and all the workres thereare deaf!
@ElicBxn (60884)
That's strange, two blue eyed deaf people who should normally be brown eyed... My co-worker had a daughter who didn't have blue eyes. She would act as her mother's interpeter to call in sick or the like.
@OURDEW (4812)
I have never seen or heard of a lemer before. She sure is cute. I don't know how anyone could eat them. Have a good day.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Yeah, but people eat all kinds of things, bugs, monkeys...
@OURDEW (4812)
So true.
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi Elic, At first I thought it's not real!LOL! Very very cute! She is such a dear! Thanks for sharing us this link![/i]
@ElicBxn (60884)
Glad you thought she was as cute as I did!
@winterose (39918)
I like them all, I just like animals, all kinds, well except for snakes, but some of them are really pretty in their colouring though.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I like snakes, they eat bugs and rodents... I think the lemer is just so cute.
@savak03 (6681)
It is kind of cute as far as monkey's go. Like you I really don't like them much. I am much more interested in the beg cats when you are talking about zoo animals.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Well, she's not a monkey, she's a lemer. Still a primate, but a more primitive primate and besides zoos, only found on one (large) island off the east coast of Africa. They are kind like the cats of the primate family, like bats are the rodent of the primate family.
The baby needed a mama and he got an adopted one. They have done studies where they put primates in cages with teddy bears/adopted moms and then ones in cold cages without something to cuddle with. You guessed it the ones in the cold cage became mentally ill and neurotic and nervous wrecks. Where the teddy bear holders where more well rounded and secure.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Yeah, they also are the mostly likely to die. I got a look at the pix on the roomie's computer last night and we've decided that that is not a teddy bear, its a stuffed lemer from the lenth of the snout and big eyes!
Yes, I just called him a teddy bear as a generic name.
@snowcat46 (2323)
She is cute. I hate going to zoos for the most part. When I see apes, all I can think about is how much they look like a human old man. That's disturbing. They aren't all that different from us. It just feels wrong to stuff them in a cage and show them to everyone. It's offensive. But a zoo is probably the only way most people will ever get to see any wild animal close up. I hate seeing all of them caged, but wild cats are so magnificent, I'm glad I got to see them once. I adore the tinier primates. My hubby refuses to even let me think about having one. (Pout)
@ElicBxn (60884)
I guess I think keeping them as pets is just wrong. I remember a guy had one when I was in college at the apartment complex the folks lived in, that monkey was just bad.
@snowcat46 (2323)
Oh, I know. I just like yanking his chain. (and they are too, too adorable when they're so teeny-tiny. So hard to resist.) He still gives me hell cause before we were married I had a dream about cats that were so tiny 5 of them could fit on your hand. He keeps claiming I'm gonna try to breed something that small, so I can have more of them and get away with it. Silly man. I don't think it's possible to get them that small. And how would you cage them? But it would be good for this economy... Smaller means less food eaten... Hmmm...
That is just so cute. Poor little mite not having a mum though. I bet the keepers are more than making up for it though. I want one! lol. Might teach my monkeys some good habits! lol.
@ElicBxn (60884)
yeah, my motherless kittens sure took to me as mum, at least until a big cat moved in to teach them otherwise... problem with lemers is they only survived on Madagasgar because there were no monkeys.
@JenInTN (27565)
How sweet! I wanna hold it. I wonder if it has teeth already. Do lemurs bite you think? I 'd try to hold it anyway.lol
@ElicBxn (60884)
Oh, an adult might bit, but I doubt a baby will. and I'd bet like most babies, its toothless - even kittens start out toothless
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
She's cute all right! I'm not hugely fond of monkeys and apes either. I don't dislike them but I'm not as fascinated by them as some people are. On the other hand, I could go to the zoo and watch the cats, any cats, all day long!
@ElicBxn (60884)
I'm not either, and we should know how I feel about cats (and giraffes.) But this one is kind of the "cat of the primate family." Kind of like foxs are the cats of the dog family
@zhuuraan (967)
I love all animals, even the ones most people hate, so yeah to me all of em are great. However, I do quite like primates, and lemurs are awesomesauce! I wish I could hold one, cute cute!
@ElicBxn (60884)
those big eyes, kindda like a kitten
@stephcjh (32328)
Thanks for sharing this with all of us. We went to the zoo and I loved watching the gorillas there. There are so human-like in alot of ways. Yes. Too cute.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Yeah, I find the too human likeness kind of scary, I sure can see where the science fiction stories (a la Twilight Zone and Outer Limits) did the alien zoo with humans as part of the display.
Oh this is so adorable. I think articles like this are a good way of spreading information about creatures that we may not know a lot about. If people were aware of such wonderous creatures, maybe they would think twice about how they treat the world and the things that live in it.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Yeah, I agree, that's why I try to post things like this for my friends that might not see them otherwise.
@BarBaraPrz (19872)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yup! That's a cute picture. I sent it on to one of my great nephews as a birthday greeting.
@ElicBxn (60884)
That's great. I hope he likes it!