***Ok, Here We Go Again! Another Computer Virus...***

You know, don't you just get tired of this crap? This one is suppose to be a biggie so "Beware". Found this on Netscape and thought I'd let you know. I just got rid of one computer virus the other week which was nothing but a pain in my A$$. It's so aggravating already, I should just open up my own anti-virus store and sell all the software already, I've learned so much. Just be careful and let's hope you're not a target. Take care all! .......http://channels.isp.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=20090121-1327.......
I seem to be lucky with computer viruses at the moment, nothing has infected my computer in ages. I don´t even have an antivirus anymore, probably there are a lot of viruses and they probably slow down my computer but I find also that the antivirus slows down my computer a lot and when some viruses get into your computer they take over the antivirus and are impossible to delete, that´s the most annoying thing for me.
@Zaphan (711)
what do they get in making viruses???those none sense people... they used their ability in destroying other cyber properties!
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
I hate viruses. Fortunately I don't get them very often. I mostly get them when I get lazy and don't practice safe computing. The trick is to avoid sites that are ripe with viruses and scan everything before installation.
The last virus I had was because I didn't have any anti-virus control for a few weeks. Just couldn't afford it at that time but certainly learned my lesson. I got hit bad and had around 80 some files infected with a really nasty virus called Vundo H. I was only looking for work on various websites like Monster, Careerbuilder, Yahoo, etc., places like that, and Ebay, myLot...just normal browsing you might say. Well, some where along these sites I had to pick it up. I'm usually very, very careful but guess I messed up somewhere along the line. Now I'm using Norton (not too crazy about it and might send it back), plus Malwarebytes. What a learning experience that was. Take care and Thanks for responding!
• Israel
There are plenty of free antivirus programs available. Most people I know have switched from buying the programs to downloading a good free one.
I didn't even know they had free virus control, I always used Norton for years and never really had a problem. See how computer savvy I am?, lol! The Malwarebytes is free but I actually would like to buy it eventually, very inexpensive. With the free one you have to download all the updates every day and then scan for safety reasons of course. With the bought one it's all done for you and you go on your merry way. The Malwarebytes found a ton of infected files where Norton didn't. When I finally corrected all the problems I have them working together now and all is well. What a shame we all have to go through this because of some jerks using their intelligence to make us miserable.
@pyewacket (44036)
They were even mentioning about a humdinger of a computer virus on the news the other night and it's affected millions of people. I'm fortunate that I have a Mac computer...since the majority of viruses are programmed to affect PCs only, Macs are affected
This might just be the one that they were talking about. It's already infected 9 million computers and is spreading at a rate of 1 million a day. It's huge. Name of it is Conficker or Downadup. So Mac's never get viruses?
@pyewacket (44036)
LOL--I've had my Mac computer for nearly two years now....and "bug" free..not a problem
I'm going to remember that Pye and check Mac out when I'm in the market for a new computer. I take it you like it very much? I just don't know anyone besides you that has one. All of my other friends have pc's. Very interesting.
@zamakh (518)
• South Korea
oh, i hate viruses.. dealing with virus is taking so much times right? hope you can fix it and have better luck with viruses next time thanks for your response in my discussion
i hate virus they get into my system and make my system slow and spoil my computer and damage all my data. i have a anti-virus called AntiVira which is capable of protecting my system but i feel tensed when my anti-virus show that it has detected a virus on my computer.
You are so right, it is scary to think you are being targeted by a virus. Just keep up with your updates, and scan your computer. They have a tendency to sneak in once in a while and your anti-virus sometimes doesn't catch it. Thanks for responding.
@hildas (3031)
Yes! I seen that on the news and its a very bad one. I hope my AVG does the job on this one as it is nasty. I have been lucky for a few weeks now, so fingers crossed. I wish all these virus would stop forever. People are really mean though creating them all the time.
@jillhill (37383)
I'll have to check it out....You never know when one will sneak into your computer! Thanks for the heads up!
Yes Jill, please check it out and do a scan on your computer just for the heck of it. You just never know and these things DO sneak in sometimes.
@KrauseHome (35514)
Personally anymore it is getting to the point unless it is a link from someone I really know, I open nothing. But also at the same time now that I switched back to Comcast for my ISP they also provide McAfee for Free for virus protection, etc. which is awesome. So I do not have to worry so much with making sure I am protected and do not open anything I should not as well. But getting Virus's on your computer is not Fun, and maybe someday there will be more of a major protection against these as well.
Yes, wouldn't it be just great if we could get rid of them altogether? No more worries about surfing the net. What's a shame is that it might be a perfectly informative website and boom, you got a virus. No, they are absolutely no fun to get rid of. I scan my computer daily now just to make sure. Thanks for responding.
Hi Kash! Viruses are such a pain! My poor hubby gets the weirdest stuff on his computer because he's always surfing the web at random. I can't even tell you how many times he's had to reformat his hard drive. I know at least 4 times in the last 2 months. He's got it down to a science! LOL. I don't do a lot of surfing on sites I don't know or trust so I've been very lucky so far. I get a lot of adware but haven't had anything major in a long time. Thank goodness. I've always said that if I ever meet someone and they tell me they are a hacker or have ever created a computer virus of any kind, I'm not even going to hesitate... I'm going to punch them right in the face!
Hi there craftcatcher, So hubby gets all the weird stuff huh?, lol! That's funny. I'm alot like him, just surfing around but I'm a bit careful, or at least I try to be. I just got rid of a virus (another discussion) just a few weeks ago and it took me one full week. It was horrible and I could have spit nails, haha. It just kept hiding no matter what I did, and pop up a couple days later. Ew, I was so mad! I sure learned alot though. Thanks for responding!