Why sellers will always ask if I need informations when I don't wanna buy?

France
This morning I was buying some tools for the kitchen and I just stopped by the camera shelf to compare some items I saw online. So the seller nicely asked me if I need informations ad so I said I'm just having a look around. What makes me bring this discussion is that most of the time when I'm going to buy something, I can be sure the seller will have 1000 reasons to ignore me. What kind of concept is this?
@mentalward (14697)
Hahahahaha! That's life, Cannonball! When you WANT something to happen, it doesn't, or you have to wait and wait and wait. When you DON'T want something to happen, it will, and as soon as is physically possible! I was just saying something similar to my husband last night. We watched a movie and, when it ended, the credits were going by very, VERY slowly. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie and want to read something in the credits, like which actor played a certain role in the movie, but the credits just zoom by really too fast to read. When there's nothing I want to read in the credits, they just drag on and on. It's life. Plain and simple.
• France
Do I have to want nothing to get everything!
@mentalward (14697)
Hey! You may have just stumbled onto the key of life! Want nothing, get everything!!! Awesome! From this moment on, I want NOTHING!
@Lindery (854)
• Latvia
It's a Murphy's Law! Also, it's psychological aspect - when you want to buy something, you are a bit nervous, you want consultation right away, time goes long when you stand wait for shop keeper to get your attention. In return, when you want to just a have look, you are interested and time goes fast, shopkeeper notice your interest and comes to you in hope to sell :)
• France
Interesting facts, Next time I go buy something, I'll keep telling myself that I don't want this thing to see how it works! Thanks for the adage
@yunzhige (311)
Well,I think that's because the seller should cathch every opportunity to sell their produces.They don't want to miss any chance of success,no matter how many times they failed. Happy mylotting!~
• France
Well, I live in France.
@winterose (39922)
for the most part it is a part of their job, in some retail stores an employee will be fired if there are people walking around and the employees are not helping them. Asking them do they want help also encourages them to stop walking around and buy or it is a polite way of saying buy something or get out.
@polachicago (19077)
Sale people are on commission and they are always hopping that if they have a chance to talk to you, most likely you are going to buy something. Some people are emotional buyers and they can buy after long "informational talk" by sale people.