english word

@riyasam (16578)
when do you go HMMMMMMMM.whenever,i hear a person go on and on about their beliefs,i go hmm,whenever ,i see or hear a person talking indecent things or showing in decent actions,i go hhhmmmmmmm..................when do you????????????
@regal_aeros (2606)
oh no... i realize i use hmm in various tones in almost everything. Hmmm for really! Hmmm for ok or yes Hmmm for alright enough Hmmm for i'm irritated already hahaha
@riyasam (16578)
i do agree,it has various uses.
@bombshell (11266)
i dont use the word HMMMMMMMMMM for talking person.i use it to a different expressions if i am in heaven!hahaha.i use to say ahhhhhh ok thats it hehehe
@riyasam (16578)
that word defeats the word hmmmm,hands down.
@bombshell (11266)
hands down and legs open?hahaha
@riyasam (16578)
that would surely make guys go hmmmmmmmmm
Hello my dear friend riyasam Ji, I am this indication is negative in positive sense. When I do not want to reply, I would act taht way. may God bless you and have a great time.
@riyasam (16578)
it can imply both positive as well as negative.
Hello my friend riyasam Ji, It means , it is harmless and profitable to turn the game as one wishes. It's a great policy while conversing with one another. It is simply a new thing for me. may god bless you and have a great time.
@dpk262006 (56217)
Yes, I also do like you.When a person keeps talking about himself only and only remains interested in blowing his own trumpet or talking shop, I go hhhmmmmmmmmmmm. I believe that there is limit to very thing and if one starts crossing that limit (which we set in our minds) we start feeling uneasy and uncomfortable and wish to run away from the person. If I find that the fellow in front of me is getting bored, I just stop speaking and allow him to speak.
@riyasam (16578)
thats great deepak!!!just wish everyone would use their common sense.
@dpk262006 (56217)
Many thanks for your compliments.
@Margajoe (4720)
When someone asks me a question and I need to think about it. Hahaha! Never really thought about that till now. It was automatic, in all three languages I know, hahaha! Take care, have a nice weekend.
@riyasam (16578)
thanks for the response.
@Margajoe (4720)
Your welcome, have a nice day.
@tryxiness (4548)
When I want to play safe and when I want to be careful with the words I utter, the HMMMMM comes in handy to give my time to think.
@riyasam (16578)
thanks for response.
@shooie (4988)
I do hmmmmm when am thinking about something that has been asked me or if I am working on some jewelry and wondering what I want to put with this or that I'll go hmmmm. I also go hmmmm when I see some crazy person or some strangely dress person or someone that is wearing something that is very unflattering.
@riyasam (16578)
thanks for your response.
Usually to fill the space while I'm thinking. The sound, I believe, lets the audience know you are processing information .. not ignoring them. Kind of how the computer's cursor turns to an hourglass and rotates while it is working on something.
@riyasam (16578)
thanks for response.
@balasri (26554)
Hmm I think that I never utter hmmmmm for any reason except now. You made me do it.
@riyasam (16578)
i did succeed.
@suspenseful (40316)
I do not go hmmmm whenever someone has a question that I have to ponder over. I think that it is an affection, they want people to think they are intelligently superior and they are a University professor or something. So I look for the leather patch on their tweed jacket and maybe the pipe. And I went I hear something indecent, I just walk away. I will say uh huh when it is about beliefs, etc. Then I start to listen, well I am a writer and I might want to use it in my stories. But indecent or obscene words, no way.
@riyasam (16578)
yup,my hubby goes hmmm ,whenever i am interrupting him
@winterose (39918)
we I agree with what someone is saying but I don't necessarily have something to say myself, I will go hmmmmmmm so they know that I am listening and I am agreeing with them as well.
@riyasam (16578)
thanks for the response.
@mjmlagat (3171)
When I hear people talking about nonsense or when I hear them talking as if they knew everything, I go hhhhhmmmmm.. or sometimes when I'm in to a conversation where I cannnot relate to the topic...hhhmmmmm.
@riyasam (16578)
i also cant stand egoistical people,i am plain rude to them
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
When I don't know what to think about something, I guess...
@riyasam (16578)
i am going hmmmmm right now.
i go hmmm on people when they go on about religion.. people dont get that i wont change what i believe just because they tell me to and any time you ask them questions they dont want to really discuss it they just wanna talk and you listen..
@riyasam (16578)
talk of insensitivity.i find it better to just keep silent at this point.
@kilani123 (865)
• United Arab Emirates
I go HMMMMMMM when i see someone is posting about HMMMMMMMM....
@riyasam (16578)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Hmmmmmm is like a tonal expression for Really!! That means when its somewhat unbelievable and i do not know how to react. It kinda fills in for many undefined expressions , even when you grope of right words you can use it as stopgap arrangement.
@riyasam (16578)
sometimes,i use this word ,when somebody calls for my attention.
@savypat (20246)
I make that sound when ever i am listening to something someone is saying that I disagree with and i know they don't really want an honest opinion from me.
@riyasam (16578)
you are right.
@messageme (2821)
I go hmmm when I am thinking. hmmmmm, I think that is the only time I use it!