Manual or Automatic car

@user_786 (1338)
In U.S, automic gear cars are very common. Probably there are more automatic gear cars than manual. On the other hand, manual cars are more common in UK. What would you choose and Why - Manual or Automatic - assuming you can afford both type of cars?
@goldeneagle (6775)
I actually liked my other truck that had a manual 5-speed in it. I have a chevy blazer now, that has an automatic in it, though, and I really like it too. I have a physical handicap now, and the automatic makes driving a lot easier for me than the manual transmission did, but I miss going through the gears in that 5-speed sometimes though...
@sammy009 (259)
Hi. I learned how to drive on a manual, But i prefer a automatic. Here is one experiecne i had drivng a manual, that changed my mind on driving one. When i was younger, I had a boyfriend, that had a car and it was manual, he left me take it for the day, so of course off i went with it. I thought i was doing really good with it. I brought the car back to him, and never knowing till years later i blew the clutch. He had to put a new one in. After he told me, i never drove and manual again. I keep to my automatic. I did try the manual at times again, but i always found they were not for me when you came to a hill and had to stop, then get back going again.
@HansonFan (1659)
I have an automatic. I chose it for a couple reasons. One, I never learned how to drive a standard. That could be easily remedied, but I already have a car I love (Ford Focus) and it's fairly new. So, I will stay with it for the time being. I also tend to be accident prone. I broke my ankle in three places at once one time from jumping on my friend's trampoline. To my understanding, you can't drive a standard with a broken ankle. So, I will keep to my little automatic.
@rymebristol (1788)
i used to drive manual or stick shift transmission. that's what i've been driving ever since when i started even when i am still practicing driving. some will go to the manual transmission since there are only two pedals: the accelerator and the brake pedal. what i like about the manual or stick shift transmission is the way i put it on the 5th gear, it feels so cool LOL!
Automatic. Less effort in driving.