Thinking on the detergent posts I must add this.

Have you ever ran out of soap in the laundry mat? If so all you have to do is rinse out any bottle empty you find. You may be surprised at how much soap you get. I am one who rinses out bottles, when I am out in my moms building washing. Thank goodness the garbage is clean of public trash. Thanks very much for stopping by my post. Have a grreat day.
great tip. I do this with everything, like dish soap, shampoo etc. I always am trying to get the very last drop.
Oh I love your user name. I am a digger when it comes to my toothe paste. Thanks very much
@Bd200789 (2994)
That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip.
your very welcome. Thanks for your response..
@melanie652 (2526)
When I'm getting to the bottom of the laundry soap, I turn the bottle upside down and leave it setting that way. Most of the last bit will run into the lid. Then I rinse out the bottle when I do my next load of laundry. As much as this stuff costs anymore, I want every last drop I can get!
Yup! I do this with a lot of bottled products... things like shampoo, body wash and even ketchup and other condiments. One of my ex inlaws used to take the bottle, make sure the cap was on tight, hold it by that end and then "windmill" it around and around in his hand (basically think spinning it alongside his body with his arm fully extended LOL) Well, lo and behold, I guess centrifugal force takes effect because the bottle would be almost clean and all the remaining product would be right down the neck by the cap. He wasted almost nothing... looked hilarious but was very frugal *grin*
@Polly1 (12649)
My hubby used to do that, swinging the bottle in a circle. You have to be careful, he swung some chocolate sryup one time, the flip top came open, imagine the mess. There was chocolate streaks all over.
I have done this with the ketchup bottles a few times. I can't believe i forgot to try it with the bottledd soaps and such. I so wish I could see someone spinning the bottles though. Thanks very much all of you. +
@Bethany1202 (3432)
I have done this before. It's true there is usually a significant amount of detergent left in the empty bottles. Sometimes you can get another 2-3 washes out of what's left! You should just skip buying the detergent and save some money by using all the empty bottles people throw out!! LOL
That sounds very funny to do. I buy laundry bars adn grate them down to wash with. My bank acct could not be any happier. .73 a bar is not bad. I also have very little laundry to wash most times. a load or two at the most. Thanks for the laugh
I have not seen these laundry bars, but I am all about saving money! Maybe I will keep my eyes peeled -- as long as they smell good!! (Thanks for BR!)
@winterose (39921)
hi hon nice to see you how is your business going do you still have the kiosk? I have my own washer and dryer thank god, I don't have to go to the laundry mat, ti would be too cold I am freezing here in montreal right now.
Oh winterose I am so freezing here in Ny. I have my own washer as well. I have to sneak and use it here in this new apt. I have to put thick rugs on the floor under neath. I have it wrapped with movers cloths and it is very silent. Yeah us for not having to go out. This heat here is geat my clothes dry in less time as a dryer would. I am here in Mount V now the booth I had to leave. It was about 7 of us who left the same day. The rent is due no matter how slow the mall is. I am just getting on the internet today. Finally and look I am on mylot. LOl I am opening a ebay store as well as waiting on approval for a spot in the local store near me. he offered me a nice piece of a wall. That would be great for my clothing I haveleft to sell. Good talking to you again. +
@winterose (39921)
I wish you all the best hon, and keep in touch, pm me for my email address,
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi, I have tried that! LOL! I pour some water inside the empty bottle and use it, I was surprised I can still use a lot on it and I was able to use it for two days cleaning all my rags! LOL! Thanks![/i]
@Polly1 (12649)
Hello stranger its nice seeing you. I always add water to the bottle, its amazing what is left at the bottom. I do that for laundry soap, fabric softener, shampoo, conditioner, anything like that.
@chrislotz (8203)
Hehe thats a good idea. I would never have thought to do that but you are right, it would work. And why not. Although I would be a little embarassed if someone noticed what I was doing by emptying all of the other bottles there. I don't do laundry at a laundry matt so this wouldn't work for me, but I sure will keep it in mind if it ever happens to me. I know I have used laundry soap in my dish washer when I have run out of dishwasher soap. It actually gets my dishes cleaner when I use laundry soap. But it can get to be pretty expensive as laundry soap costs a lot more than dish soap. Alrighty then, talk to you later my friend, Have a good mylotting day, Chris
@Debs_place (10525)
I always rinse every bottle from soap...dishwashing, shampoo, detergent...you name..if I can get one more wash out of it..I do it. The bottles also stand upside down. I keep my lotion bottles upside down and squeeze out every drop...using 2 bottles sometimes as I get that last drip out of the old bottles.
I always try to get the last drop out of everything,sometimes it takes more than one rinse to get all of stuff. I also dilute shampoo, liquid soap, ect. My husband knows I do this because he seems to be incapable of squeezing out just a little, and he knows he doesn't need that much. I also add a few drops milk to creamy type salad dressings like ranch. I hate to see bottles with lots still in them go into the trash.
@suspenseful (40316)
I do the same with my dishwashing detergent and my shampoo. It is amazing how much you can save by doing this. And when you are doing your dishes, you can get enough for another load. With the shampoo, I might get another two our three hair washes. I buy the liquid detergent rather then the powder kind and find that I can get more from it as the powdered detergent will cake and I have to scrape it off.
When I was frequenting a local laundry mat the worker there would collect the empties from the trash and put water into them. They would use them to wash the clothes that people would drop off for service. I doubt that these people knew that though. At home I always add water to the bottle when it appears to be empty. I do this with dish liquid too.
@Loverbear (4928)
Hi, I posted to one of your discussions long long ago. I love your bags! I will contact you one day about possibly doing a custom order. I have been trying to find one that will do the job I need. I have to carry a ton of medications (asthma, pain etc.) and every bag I have gotten just doesn't do the job. Thank you for the hint!! I never thought of doing that with the empties of detergent. I do that with my conditioner because I have long hair and go through the conditioner three to one. I also do it with dish washing soap, shampoo, fabric softener, dog shampoo etc. I also keep the bottles of shampoo that either are given to me or something that I didn't like. I use that when I run out of laundry soap or soap to hand wash garments. I have even used left over shampoo to wash dishes! I soak my slivers of bar soap and also will use it for a substitute for hand washing soap, laundry soap, dish soap etc. If I can't reuse something or use it to Lincoln squeals on the head of a penny, then it gets sent to the recycling center. It isn't too often that I can't think of another use for something. It even amazes the neighbors the ideas that I come up with for reusing something. If they are tearing down a structure, deck or shed I ask for the wood. If I can't use it in my projects, I will use it for heating the house. I guess I was a "Scrooge" in a previous life. I hate seeing things go to waste.
@peavey (16487)
I rinse out laundry jugs, too, as well as dish soap and everything else liquid. I got mad at the last jug of laundry detergent because no matter how many times I put water into it, it kept coming out sudsy, so I poked a hole in it and drained it from the side. I should have put the hole in the bottom but wasn't thinking. Next time I will. Those lids are made purposely so we will throw away the product and buy more, I think.
@ElicBxn (60834)
WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN!!!! I've missed you!!!